How many of you are single?

I See Clover

Visit site
If so, what age bracket do you fall under? How do you feel about being single? I understand if people don't want to answer. I'm just curious.

I am currently single and will be 22 this year. My last serious relationship was just over a year ago. Since then I was in another relationship for a few months but it got too much too soon so I ended it. I was seeing a guy for a while too, but I don't think he knew what he wanted so I stopped seeing him and now we just talk as friends. It seems to go from one extreme to the other :rolleyes:

I would quite like someone to settle down with in the future, but I'm not that bothered just now. Don't have much free time with the horse, uni and part time job. I'm not someone that needs someone, more the opposite.. I can come across too independent sometimes which has put people off :eek: I find it hard to trust guys too which I think has something to do with it!

What about you?

ladyt25

Visit site
Stay single that's what i say! :)

I believe these things happen when they're meant to happen so, stop looking!

Yep I am single and I've got a good 10 years on you!! Oh to be 22 again - I was working as a holiday rep in Greece when I was your age........

Enjoy your life, don't put pressure on yourself to settle down. I am told I am too fussy and I can honestly say I've never had a serious relationship but i am not prepared to 'settle' just to say I have a bloke. I have a decent job, my own house, car, dog, horses, good friends. Yeah a bloke would be nice but it's not the be all and end all.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Not single at the moment but if I buy any more horses, I might be!

I wouldn't swap my OH for the world but he is not that keen on horses, and is getting a bit fed up with the way we're accumulating them :D

ETS enjoy single life.. sounds like you're busy, just enjoy yourself. Ladyt25 is right, things happen when they're meant to happen!

sophiebailey

Visit site
I'm 20, i've been single for 6 months since a 1.5 year relationship broke down last year. I'd say i'd like to meet someone new, but i'm not actively looking, just waiting for the right person to be in the right place :) Ideally someone who likes horses!!

I worry about my lack of free time being an issue too, i'm very rarely at home, but I suppose for the right person this wont be an issue! I want to meet someone who understands that people need their own space and time sometimes and doesn't want to spend every waking moment together, I get stifled very easily by these type of people!

xx

Copperpot

Visit site
I'm 33 and live with my OH. Have lived together 4 years. Not married and don't have kids thou. We have decided to stick to dogs and horses :)

Littlelegs

Visit site
31 & single. Got divorced whilst pregnant with now 7yr old daughter. Have had a 3yr relationship with someone who was previously a friend that ended a few years ago. Prior to that & since I've had boyfriends but nothing serious enough to introduce them to daughter. Quite happy being single tbh, would have to be a great man to convince me otherwise.

NU ABO

Visit site
20 years old and single. Last 'serious' relationship (as if any of them are when you're young) was in Secondary School.
I'm very fussy. I've had guys be interested in me, but I keep shying away from relationships with them. Mum thinks there's something wrong with me :rolleyes:

So, yeah, single and no sign of it changing any time soon!

I See Clover

Visit site
Stay single that's what i say! :)

I believe these things happen when they're meant to happen so, stop looking!

Yep I am single and I've got a good 10 years on you!! Oh to be 22 again - I was working as a holiday rep in Greece when I was your age........

Enjoy your life, don't put pressure on yourself to settle down. I am told I am too fussy and I can honestly say I've never had a serious relationship but i am not prepared to 'settle' just to say I have a bloke. I have a decent job, my own house, car, dog, horses, good friends. Yeah a bloke would be nice but it's not the be all and end all.

Not single at the moment but if I buy any more horses, I might be!

I wouldn't swap my OH for the world but he is not that keen on horses, and is getting a bit fed up with the way we're accumulating them :D

ETS enjoy single life.. sounds like you're busy, just enjoy yourself. Ladyt25 is right, things happen when they're meant to happen!

I think I might be single for a long time after hearing half the bother my friends go through ;)

Oh no I'm not looking, I prefer things to happen more naturally! I don't plan on settling down for a long time (if at all). I have got far too much to do first. I was just wondering how everyone else felt :)

LadyT I am also very fussy. It isn't always a bad thing :p

Oldnag I think you should tell him the more he complains about them, the more you will get... that should sort him out ;)

I'm 20, i've been single for 6 months since a 1.5 year relationship broke down last year. I'd say i'd like to meet someone new, but i'm not actively looking, just waiting for the right person to be in the right place :) Ideally someone who likes horses!!

I worry about my lack of free time being an issue too, i'm very rarely at home, but I suppose for the right person this wont be an issue! I want to meet someone who understands that people need their own space and time sometimes and doesn't want to spend every waking moment together, I get stifled very easily by these type of people!

xx

I totally agree. Although my dream of finding a guy who is interested in horses may have to be put on the back burner :p

We are quite similar in that respect, I too like my own space. I was brought up as an only child so always been used to spending hours on my own amusing myself!

I'm 33 and live with my OH. Have lived together 4 years. Not married and don't have kids thou. We have decided to stick to dogs and horses :)

Good idea, I could possibly be persuaded to have kids if the right person came along, but the idea of giving birth completely revokes the whole idea :eek:

Have been in a realshionship since I was 17? So nearly 20 years, it is nice, but it soo exciting, makes your choice !!!

Had my time again ?! I don't know!!

Wow, that is a long time! I'm not sure someone could put up with me for that long :D

I See Clover

Visit site
31 & single. Got divorced whilst pregnant with now 7yr old daughter. Have had a 3yr relationship with someone who was previously a friend that ended a few years ago. Prior to that & since I've had boyfriends but nothing serious enough to introduce them to daughter. Quite happy being single tbh, would have to be a great man to convince me otherwise.

I can only imagine, but going through a divorce whilst you were pregnant sounds like a pretty tough time. I'm glad you are happy being single though.. so many people end up reliant on having a guy and as a result their standards seem to go out the window! You seem very sensible in that respect and in the fact that you take your daughter into consideration. I know a fair few people that don't!

20 years old and single. Last 'serious' relationship (as if any of them are when you're young) was in Secondary School.
I'm very fussy. I've had guys be interested in me, but I keep shying away from relationships with them. Mum thinks there's something wrong with me :rolleyes:

So, yeah, single and no sign of it changing any time soon!

I'm fussy too... I sometimes think I limit myself too much but then I think... at the end of the day if they are the right person they will shine through! Being fussy can be good too because you know what you want and you won't settle for less :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
25, always single, never been in a "serious" relationship, last relationship of any description was over a year ago. Have 3 horses and a dog, no way in heck I have space in my life for a man :eek:

Arniebear

Visit site
im very similar to you :)

22 and single have been for just over a yr and a half, i seem to have ******* OFF written across my face when guys are involved!!
it does pee me off a little when i wana do stuff with friends and they are all out with their significant others and everybody hates being a 3rd wheel dont they?!

i wouldnt say im actively looking, (but it would be nice to have someone a little closer than a friend to abuse with all my life issues!!!) dont have much confidence in this area so i tend to just let things happen, hate picking guys up in clubs/ nights out, prefer to get to know them as friends first.... this doesnt seem to get me very far!!! :rolleyes:

my attitude to life is: if its meant to be it will :) again doesnt really get me that far!!!

i have all i need, a 4 legged buddy who doesnt answer back and showers me in love and affection :D..... think i may just keep it this way until that rather special person appears (if he ever does!!)

who needs men when u have a horse!

dominobrown

Visit site
I am 22 too, though the thing annoys me the most is friends in a relationship trying to set me up, and saying this like "Don't worry, you'll find someone soon" etc etc. Does my head in. I don't have time at the moment for a relationship, I had a little thing a few months ago, but I was lucky if I saw him once a week! And I also thought he was arrogant :D
I hate it when people assume because you are single you are sad, depressed and incompelete. I don't think men have that problem though.

FionaM12

Visit site
56, twice divorced, sort of in a relationship, but not a very conventional one. :rolleyes:

I think I'm good at relationships but sadly the evidence proves otherwise.:eek::D I call myself a Serial Bad Chooser.

:eek::eek:

Shantara

Visit site
I'm 22 and been in 12 (yes, 12!) awful relationships that have left me mentally scarred. Relationships used to excite me and made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Now they terrify me.
I used to be understanding and fun, but I became a nasty jealous witch.
Never again!

FionaM12

Visit site
I'm 22 and been in 12 (yes, 12!) awful relationships that have left me mentally scarred. Relationships used to excite me and made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Now they terrify me.
Never again!

:(:( ((((hugs)))))

Jazzy B

Visit site
I'm not now (age 33) but having been in the wrong relationship from the age of 22 to 29 I wish that I had been single (not that I would change my daughter for anything)!!

dafthoss

Visit site
20 single and always have been really :eek::eek:! Never been a fan of the whole serious relationship thing and relying on another person.

If it happens then so be it but I'm not looking for it and it would have to fit arround the pony.

loisb501

Visit site
i am! Broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years 2 weeks ago, mainly because i got my new horse in November so spend all of my spare time there. (Although the main argument we broke up about was over chicken pie...haha :cool: ) Although it is pretty awkward because we live together eeek!

Shantara

Visit site
:(:( ((((hugs)))))

*hugs* Thank you :)
It's fun how refreshed I feel since I've not been near a bloke for 6 months. I have more time, more money and can spend more time with the Ned :D
I do feel sorry for my mum, she is desperate for grandkids, but none of her 3 kids are going to give them to her :(

FionaM12

Visit site
*hugs* Thank you :)
It's fun how refreshed I feel since I've not been near a bloke for 6 months. I have more time, more money and can spend more time with the Ned :D
I do feel sorry for my mum, she is desperate for grandkids, but none of her 3 kids are going to give them to her :(

I'd love grandkids, but I'm not desperate for them. I've only one child, my lovely 26 year old daughter. She's just come out of a three year relationship and not considering kids in the near future. Maybe one day....

CambridgeParamour

Visit site
Im almost 20, and ended an 18ish month relationship 3 months ago, as he started to admit he was jealous of the horses, and said I should give them up and move to his uni with him, along with other things. No thank you. I am glad I ended it, and am much happier for it.

There isss someone that i have my eye on though ;)

jenki13

Visit site
I am 22 (23 in a couple months) & currently Free & Single :D

Last relationship was 5 months ago & lasted almost 2 years - he broke it off. Was gutted but I know get to ride my horse at the weekend and see my friends!

I'm currently concentrating on getting fatso fit (finally got some fast work in :) ) applying for jobs & catching up with friends. Sometimes think a man would be nice but not sure where he'd fit in :p

I See Clover

Visit site
25, always single, never been in a "serious" relationship, last relationship of any description was over a year ago. Have 3 horses and a dog, no way in heck I have space in my life for a man :eek:

My 'serious' relationship only lasted a year, so not really that serious :eek: Yeah horses, dogs and any other four legged animals always come first in my book :D

im very similar to you :)

22 and single have been for just over a yr and a half, i seem to have ******* OFF written across my face when guys are involved!!
it does pee me off a little when i wana do stuff with friends and they are all out with their significant others and everybody hates being a 3rd wheel dont they?!

i wouldnt say im actively looking, (but it would be nice to have someone a little closer than a friend to abuse with all my life issues!!!) dont have much confidence in this area so i tend to just let things happen, hate picking guys up in clubs/ nights out, prefer to get to know them as friends first.... this doesnt seem to get me very far!!! :rolleyes:

my attitude to life is: if its meant to be it will :) again doesnt really get me that far!!!

i have all i need, a 4 legged buddy who doesnt answer back and showers me in love and affection :D..... think i may just keep it this way until that rather special person appears (if he ever does!!)

who needs men when u have a horse!

Completely agree, at least a horse can't turn around and tell you it doesn't love you ;)

I'm not that keen on meeting guys in clubs either... I don't go out that much in any case as I work in a nightclub!

Oh you're not alone, most of my friends are girls, so never usually meet many guys. I always get nervous around them (still feel like I am 14 :eek:)

I am 22 too, though the thing annoys me the most is friends in a relationship trying to set me up, and saying this like "Don't worry, you'll find someone soon" etc etc. Does my head in. I don't have time at the moment for a relationship, I had a little thing a few months ago, but I was lucky if I saw him once a week! And I also thought he was arrogant :D
I hate it when people assume because you are single you are sad, depressed and incompelete. I don't think men have that problem though.

Thankfully none of my friends have started that yet! Although one of my friends always comments on how I "have someone new every week".... She has been in a relationship since she was 16, she clearly doesn't understand the varying amount a$$holes that are lingering about! Most of them hide it well for the first few dates :rolleyes:

Yeah that's definitely not the case. Why do they always think that!? I am more happier now than I have ever been in a relationship. Tbh, I think I am happier than my friends who are actually IN relationships!

56, twice divorced, sort of in a relationship, but not a very conventional one. :rolleyes:

I think I'm good at relationships but sadly the evidence proves otherwise.:eek::D I call myself a Serial Bad Chooser.

:eek::eek:

Haha you are not alone, I think I fall into that name too :D

ChinaTree

Lost .... was it left then right, or right then le
Visit site
I'm single and nearly 20 (have been nearly 20 for almost a year now, but will be 20 by the end of the month!) Never had a boyfriend, and I'm not too fussed! I watched a friend get a boyfriend for all of a month because she was convinced she couldn't turn 20 and have not had a boyfriend yet ... it was a complete disaster!
I don't do much to meet anyone, went to an all girls high school, only 5 boys at the stables, and a few boys on my course at uni. Between horses and uni work I don't have much time to go out and meet people!

jess_asterix

Visit site
I'm 20 and ended a 3 and a half year relationship in January.

I am currently in the 'seeing' someone stage which I am loving, very relaxed and we get on really well so we shall see where it goes. He is a really nice guy though :))
Tbh though with uni, 2 horses and work 3 days a week as well as running training I don't really have much spare time!!

Kokopelli

Visit site
Never again!

I did the nasty jealous witch thing with my ex, couldn't work out what was wrong with me turned out nothing was wrong with me he was just a complete and utter ******. :p

Currently in a relationship but as my other thread suggests he's joining the army soon so going to miss him like crazy and have no idea what the future holds.

savia

Visit site
I'm perpetually single and loving it:D

I'm always getting the 'why don't you have anyone yet' and 'don't you think it's weird that you haven't had a relationship yet?' crap and the answer is always the same: I don't want a relationship.Simple.Yet, for some reason, it's so hard for people to understand.:confused:

My dad has even started to drop the 'gay bomb' into these kind of conversations, which is hilarious;)

Shantara

Visit site
I did the nasty jealous witch thing with my ex, couldn't work out what was wrong with me turned out nothing was wrong with me he was just a complete and utter ******. :p

Currently in a relationship but as my other thread suggests he's joining the army soon so going to miss him like crazy and have no idea what the future holds.

To be fair, I was awful. I once made a scene in a shop because I thought he was checking out the girl at the till. Turns out, he was actually cheating, so I was right to be worried!
I once even made one of them delete every single girl from his facebook (bar his sisters) and funnily enough, he was cheating too!
And men wonder why I am the way I am!
That's why I love Ned. I don't get jealous when other girls ride him.