How many people.......

Dogbetty141

Visit site
ride with body protectors on? I never ride with them on but a girl at my famr doesnt ride without one! I have fallen off with a bodyprotector on and believ me it hurt way more than when i fall off without one! Just interested thats all! Thanks Liz

FinellaGlen

Visit site
Have started wearing one out hacking after I came off on the road because OH insists on it. I was thinking of leaving it off though because it is very uncomfortable.

EllieBeast

Visit site
Whenever i am jumping, and whenever i ride an unknown horse until i get to grips with it. I have never really jumped without one, so i find mine incredibly comfortable, and dont find it restricts me at all.

Hullabaloo

Visit site
I only normally wear it for XC and for SJ if the ground is hard. I'm riding my boy from box rest at the moment so I have put it on the past few days as I wasn't sure how well behaved he would be! If he carries on behaving I'll probably put it back in the cupboard until we can go jumping again.

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
i used to everytime i rode other horses, tb / wb etc but not on my boy (apart from sponsored ride where there are others chasing em round), noone can say their horse is bombproof of course but im yet to not trust him 100% - his bucks are so tiny its not worth his hassle on the rare occasion he does it (only when he gets cross taking off on wrong leg), and the odd occasion he has panicked and spooked to the side, he is so comfortable to ride and deep backed that i dont come off......watch this space cos itll happen this week now
smile.gif

pottamus

Visit site
Always put mine on and would not get on without it. They do not stop you from hurting yourself when you fall, they are there to support you and soften the blow and impact. But at the end of the day, that depends on HOW you fall to a certain extent!

Jade2007

Visit site
I always wear mine when I'm jumping and hacking, I've got the sort of pony that you never know how he's going to behave.

checkmate1

Visit site
I always wear mine jumping, xc, and I will be wearing it permenantly when back the youngster and am hacking out a friends horse at the mo and am wearing it then. Mine so comfy I don't realise its there I love it! (my old one was awful, I actually fell off because of it (prob a bit of my fault aswell!)when jumping and it got stuck on back of saddle and I got catapulted off!)

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
I only ever wear when I have too - ie XC. I can't sj in one, don't know why just feels wrong. I feel like I can't fully control my body and go with the flow as it were.

isabella

Visit site
never if i wear one i end up falling off cause i can't move lol if the horse spooks or swerves i can sit to it but with a body protector i just carry on going straight lol

a mate of mine has always worn one cause her mum makes her one day she forgot it and she has said she found it sooo much easier (she still has to wear one tho)

Capriole

Visit site
i havent tried any of the newer modern ones, only the earlier generations of BPs that were terrible, restrictive, uncomfortable, horrible things.
do plan to try on some modern ones next time i go shopping though

Theresa_F

Visit site
Never on Cairo apart from when I had to for XC. On my TBs, only for XC and hunting. In retrospect I should have worn it more on Fleur as she could be a handful.

Chancer - all the time - he is just backed and whilst normally very good, he is still on L plates and has the potential to do daft things.

Now I'm getting older, I probably will use it for XC, SJ and fast work - don't recover so well as I used to.

To be honest I really don't like wearing them, but am getting more used to it.

Capriole

Visit site
its some years since i came off (probably due one
smile.gif
), was early morning, going at a fast canter up the exercise track and a bird flew out, horse shied and i came off over his head. managed to land on my feet though, holding horse, which i doubt id have been flexible enough to do with a BP on.

planning to work a somersault in next time
smile.gif

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
only for XC. Which is crazy really cos if I'd been wearing one when that youngster chucked me off, I wouldn't have fractured my spine... but I get the pyschological thing that if I put one on I'm basically saying 'I think this horse is going to deck me' and it makes me even more nervous.

My mother would probably deck me herself if she found out.

Pikachu

Visit site
I do as i have major confidence issues and it acts as a bit of a security blanket for me, plus keeps my boobs from bouncing! It is a pain as i get very hot and i can't put it on on my own as i have to squash boobs in while someone does the zip up...oh and can't get off with it on as get it stuck on front of saddle and i dangle! But apart from that its fine
wink.gif
Its now part of the routine and is the same to me as putting my hat on.

I am thinking of possily getting the racesafe one as looks more flexible. Oh and i don't jump, i only do flatwork.

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
usually wear one for jumping, sometimes for hacking if i'm riding Oscar after he's been off work (he has the occasional strop when he's fresh).

i've been bucked off at a gallop ages ago though, landed on a rock - would have been pretty serious if i hadn't had my bp.

Daphnelia

Visit site
I do as I'm still not 100% confident on my horse. He started rearing before he was found to be lame, and I think it will take me a while to trust him fully again. I'm getting there though. Had our first jump in 9 months on saturday
smile.gif

Tir_Na_Nog

Visit site
<font color="peru">Used to ride with one religiously, even in boiling summer heat.

Now, I haven't ridden with one for years. Ended up going without a couple of time for some reason, and I much prefer the freedom of movement etc. I'll wear one if it's required (at certain shows etc), but aside from that would much rather go without.

Would never get on without a hat though, however warped my logic may be!

TNN
</font>