How many poos?

MDB

Visit site
Hi all. I am sure this question has been asked many times before, but just how many poos does your horse do per day?
I have read very different things on the tinternet ranging from 6-8 to 10-12+.
I pick up around anything from 16-20 per day from my two. They are 15 hands ish and 16 hands ish (never measured) and on a track system with very sparce grass but with adlib hay for 22 hours, and for 2 hours each morning lush grazing in the centre.
So how much do your horses poop?

MDB

Visit site
Haha. Yes I know the feeling.. especially when pushing a full barrow 200m uphill only to turn around and find a nice fresh desposit at the bottom of the hill again! ;)

Auslander

Visit site
Although - I am trying to collect samples for worm counting this evening. The poo monsters have all decided to hang on to it for all they are worth!

Achinghips

Visit site
Depends .... Winter on ad lib hay .... About ten to twelve a day. Spring high calorie grass, like now .... about four big cow pats between ten am and eight pm

{97702}

Visit site
More if he is stabled than if he is turned out....I poo pick daily if he is out for 12 hours, twice daily if he is out 24/7 so about 6-7 each collection time in the field, or about 100 if he is in the stable!!!!

windand rain

Visit site
mine do less at this time of year as are on restricted grazing so between 4 and 6 I dont worry too much about how many more the consitancy and size. The grass is more water and sugar than fibre just now so they have oatstraw chaff to bulk up feeds and a bit of Bran if needed

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
One every 2 hours through the day, very regular. One or two less at night, due to being flat out, sleeping, usually on the poo that has already been done!