how many times do you view a horse before buying?

Pancakes

Visit site
as title above really..... just curious how times you like to visit a horse before parting with your cash.
smile.gif

Linz75

Visit site
Depends - at least 3. Once just myself, then with one instructor, then another instructor. Oh, and a 4th visit by the VET!
wink.gif

helenhorse

Visit site
i tend to avoid going more than twice, as it can be time waisting if i decide i dont want to buy(and i know how bl**dy annoying that is!)....i usually only need to go once, if the horse is sound, and gives a good first ride, theres no need for fussing about bringing other people if u know what u like and that
smirk.gif
wink.gif

Enfys

Visit site
Once, generally I travel quite a long way, I take cash and the trailer, if I don't like the horse I come home with a full pocket and an empty trailer.

ps. I don't buy mega expensive horses, very much buyer beware. If I get a horse wrong when I buy it that's my look out.

Absolutely furious at the moment as my BOGOF broodmare from last month actually appears to be a BOG2F ("No Ma'am, not been running with a stud" Yeah, right
mad.gif
) so that's an abortion or a year wasted. Ah well, such is life.

X

xspiralx

Most likely once, perhaps twice if there was something I needed particularly to see/do that I hadn't been able to the first time.

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
I saw the baggage 3 times

1st time was just a casual look at her with not much in the way of looking to buy a youngster

2nd time was more because there was something about her that stayed with me and couldn't get her out of my head

3rd time was to make sure that I really did want to buy her and that what I had seen in her eyes wasn't imagined

junglediva

Visit site
once.... my grandmother said something to me that i will never forget... she said ' if it takes you more than 10 seconds to decide whether you like it or not dont buy it'.

theres no beating about the bush with me if i like i buy it if im not sure then i leave it.

Cazzah

Visit site
Once usually - my rule is always go with gut instinct. The only time I've ever bought a horse that wasn't right for me I went twice - think I was trying to convince myself.

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
once.... my grandmother said something to me that i will never forget... she said ' if it takes you more than 10 seconds to decide whether you like it or not dont buy it'.

theres no beating about the bush with me if i like i buy it if im not sure then i leave it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry off topic I know but just had to say that I'm liking your grandmother
laugh.gif
She sounds very down to earth and direct
laugh.gif
Just like mine was
tongue.gif

junglediva

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry off topic I know but just had to say that I'm liking your grandmother
laugh.gif
She sounds very down to earth and direct
laugh.gif
Just like mine was
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks lol she still reminds me of it to this day
grin.gif

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Once usually - my rule is always go with gut instinct. The only time I've ever bought a horse that wasn't right for me I went twice - think I was trying to convince myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

SNAP!
my evil horse from hell was the only one i went to see twice, other than her, i'm a 'once' girl. x

Gorgeous George

Visit site
I went to see George 4 times, but after the 2nd I said I would buy him and had arranged the vetting, I think the sellers understood as I was a first time buyer and a bit wary.

geraldgiraffe

Visit site
Ideally twice - i've found horses can sometimes give you a totally different ride second time particularly if you get on them without them having been ridden by the owner/trainer first. I've been caught out a couple of times when i've viewed horses that have been ridden by tall strong professional male riders that i've then got on and being 4 stone lighter have then jumped fantastically - i've gone back to ride them again and found i've had absolutely no brakes second time round!
crazy.gif

hellybelly6

Visit site
My horse was a working livery at the stables I went to for nearly a year. When he came up for sale I knew I had to have him. I must have seen him one a week for nearly 52 weeks!

I like to have horses I know.

Murphy88

Visit site
I tried Murphy twice, took my instructor the second time. Then my Mum saw him again when he was vetted. I didn't particularly like him the first time, he bucked and p****d off with me the 2nd time, then wouldn't load when we picked him up! Nearly 6 years later and he has been the most amazing horse and I wouldn't be without him, so just goes to show that first impressions aren't always right!

brighthair

www.wannabeadressagediva.wordpress.com
first horse I had on loan so already knew her, and she had a vets cert from that year.
last horse was how not to buy. Nowhere to ride so I tacked up, walked along the lane, trotted and decided if I turned round and he didn't speed up I was taking him. He didn't speed up, meanwhile Mum is mouthing through the car window "Bring another bloody rescue case home and I'll kill you..." He came home 2 days later :)
I had him on 2 weeks trial and had him vetted then
I actually rang up about him 3 times but something kept stopping me going to see him. I think it was meant to be - I was getting stressed at going seeing horses not as described and threw Loot down in a temper. Loot fell open at the gardening section, and there he was "Bay TB horse, good with kids and dogs"
grin.gif

Def as described, although when I rang up Weatherbys and they told me he's raced for 11 years I had to have a little sit down. The previous owners didn't know either

jesterfaerie

Visit site
I viewed my bay boy twice before I bought him, was willing to take him home after seeing him first time around but eventually sense caught up with me so I went back to see him ridden.

TallyHo123

Visit site
Depends, when looking for a project i just went once.
When buying my most recent horse i went 2 times, schooled it the first time, second jumped and hack out. But after the first time i knew i wanted him