How many viewings before you found the one!

Balibee

Visit site
Just wondered how many viewings are the average to find your horse?

Also, if you found the one and it failed the vetting, did it put you off getting another vetted?

I have looked at 3 and last weekend found a lovely horse who is getting 5 stage vetted this week. I never usually stress and worry but I am really anxious about her passing.

She feels so right for me and will be devastated if she fails on anything major.

Need some vibes and luck sending my way please :) :)

italylyns

Visit site
Hi,

I am still looking and have been to see 4!!

I am viewing a TB this evening which is what i said i didnt want to start with so maybe this one WILL be the one!!

Good luck, hope it all goes well for you ;-)

Balibee

Visit site
Thank you :)

Good luck for tonight! Hope all goes well :)

It is traumatic searching lol :D

I have travelled 100's of miles just for 3! It was impossible to find something local!

Spent half my horsey budget on diesel! LOL

Pixxie

Visit site
Between losing my boy and getting my new girl I looked at 3 including her and she was of course the furthest away by a long shot but so worth it ;)

Spookywood

Visit site
I viewed 2 but emailed and had telephone discussions about many many more. I ended up buying the first 1 I looked at. We just clicked and viewing the 2nd one confirmed that she was the one for me :D She did have a few things noted on her vetting, but weighing up what I wanted her for and what the vet told me about the little niggles I decided it was worth the risk. Would definitely have got the next horse vetted if I didn't go for her. I would rather know about the niggles and make an informed decision rather than not know. *I think* :rolleyes: although it is causing me issues with insurance now, but that's a whole other thread!

Good luck with the viewing, everything crossed that this horse is the one!! :D

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
W went to see one advertised horse & when we arrived we walked straight past it, the description in ther advert was so different. The seller was so full of bull s**t & was blatantly lying, we just walked away.

The second horse we viewed we fell for on first sight. He was actually advertised as 15h2" but they admitted they hadn't got a measure on the yard & in fact he was 16h1". It didn't matter tough he was lovely, green but lovely. We negociated a good price, he passed vetting & week or so later & we brought him home. That was 7 years ago & he's still with us & always will be.

We were in the market for another horse & spoke to a dealer who imported horses from France. He hadn't got what we wanted at that time but he mentioned a horse that he had out at someone's yard. The horse was actually at our trainers so we went to view him. He'd initially been taken there as a client had shown an interest in him but for some reason the deal had fallen through. He was great, had loads of potential, was just what we were after. He sailed through vetting & we bought him. That was 3 years ago & he's still with us & going well.

We were fortunate with the first horse, it was a private selle & everything went smoothly. The second horse was through a dealer. The dealer has a good reputation & I wouldn't hesitate going through him again. You have much more redress if things go wrong. With this dealer you never need to go to law as he values his rep so much he will allow you to retrurn, change horses until you're happy & if all else fails you get you money back.

ex racer rider

Visit site
I bought the seccond horse i went to see, the first on i knew i wouldnt be getting before i even got on but when i saw rosie in the muddy field in the rain, i knew!!
I fell in love with her straight away, rode her and realised she was the one. Rose her again.... She jumped appalingly and had a few spooks but i still bought her! Without a vetting i might add... Naughty i know ;-)
trilby was the first horse i went to see, an underweight scruffy looking cob who was still a stallion and was only 2. He was owned by the yard owner and we didnt vet him and still paid more for him than rosie lol

Ginger Bear

Visit site
One viewing, first horse.. Turned up, he was a stunning 16'1 bright chestnut tb, I was just in love with his looks, tried him, he was nutty in the school, but an angel out hacking so thought we could work with him.. My mum didn't want me to take him but the owner said I could take him on full loan at first so had nothing to loose..turned out to be the best horse I've ever had and exactly what I wanted.