How much?(andalusian)

Skhosu

Visit site
How much would you expect to pay for an andalusian that could hack, good movement for dressage etc, do a bit of jumping and is safe.re they unsuited to novices?
Stallion?
Gelding?
Mare?
Just interested, always wanted one!

serena2005

Visit site
they are extreamly expensive for nice ones.
i saw a few in horse deals, they were in about 4-5 k but not pure breds.
not sure wether suitable for a novice, that really depends on the horse. beautiful animals though id love to have one too!

MagicMelon

Visit site
They're amazing. They're very talented horses with fabulous temperaments and attitudes. Really great to teach. Not sure about if they're suited to novices.... maybe, with their temp. It would totally depend on how old it was / what it had done etc. etc. (same as any horse!). Obviously dont get a stallion, they're never suited to a novice!

For a pure bred, you'd probably have to pay more than £10,000. They aren't cheap, especially in this country as they're not exactly common. You'd probably get one far cheaper abroad (even with travel expenses of getting it home!).

Weezy

Visit site
Oh nooooooooooooooooooo Wish it was a 10k price tag!

Like all breeds some are great and sane, others are incredibly sharp - yes they love to learn but also can be real worriers and live on their nerves

On the plus side in general they are VERY good to handle and even when being sharp have manners to burn

As for not getting a stallion, actually the majority of PRE stallys, if trained correctly, are no different to geldings - I had 2 full up PRE stallys on my yard that I used for beginners lessons!

Yes they are cheaper in Spain but then you have import costs PLUS unless you have contacts then buying one is a minefield - most of the site on the net that are aimed at foreign buyers are VERY overpriced

I paid well over the odds for Chico because I totally fell for him - no way in this world I will get close to breaking even on him now I have had him gelded, but he is a dude - if someone offered me £5k for him tomorrow I would rush them to the bank (I paid more than that for him stupidly - more money than sense me!) However I would let him go for less to a good home

koscat

www.desertridersspain.com
Hi

This is a picture of our pure bred Andaucian stallion 'Santana'. Who is used daily for riding in the mountains and stands at stud at our property here in Spain. We have other Andalucian horses, pure and part breds, and they are used in our trekking centre. All our horses have good tempraments and superb movements.

We have a little knowledge of exporting these beautiful horses. So if anyone needs any help just let us know!

DSCN2285.jpg

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
I think they can be very sane and sensible, but they are very intelligent and sharp as a pin. Very quick learners. Mine has far more manners than my older TB. (gelding 8 years old £4,000)

Claireg9

Visit site
There is one for sale up our yard, dont think he's quite pure bred, but theres not much else in there. He competes at dressage to quite a high standard, he jumps little fences, but only because they dont want him to risk injury as she's not interested in jumping.. im sure he'd jump bigger, he's a real gentlemen and has so much character, and will carry novice riders too, he also knows spanish walk and is incredibly talented. Not sure what there asking for him, if you want there number pm me!
Claire
smile.gif

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Geldings are a LOT cheaper than stallions and/or mares, there are less mares in the UK than stallys so mares are at a bit of a premium, an APTO (approved for breeding) mare would probably cost as much if not more than a stally.

A gelding with full papers would probably set you back about £5k for a 4/5year old, 6/7 year olds are a little more - I know of an 8yo in Bucks going for around £7,000 started lateral, changes and does spanish walk.

Be very careful if you go to Spain for one, there are lots and lots with dodgy papers - if it's cheap there is normally a reason!

On the plus side, there are more and more geldings around now so you could strike lucky!

Oh and IMHO they are not suited to novices, they are way too sensitive.

Bossanova

Visit site
Actually many are fab jumpers- PM Teapot for photo evidence or just ask Weezy.
Not all warmbloods jump- many are too busy being high and important to bother with coloured sticks!!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Echo that Boss, there are a couple of purebreds doing BSJA and there is another partbred competing BE. Another Hispano I know of completed NASTA with a distinction so yes, they can jump. Even Sirena will do 2ft 6, she is only held back by her rider
crazy.gif

teapot

Visit site
Thanks Boss - gets on my nerves when people say they can't jump that well
mad.gif
And having seen Julip jump in the flesh, he pings
grin.gif

I have never ridden one but we've got one in the RS (maybe if I actually sort some lessons I'll ride him) who used to be competing at GP dressage level. Pic of him jumping with a RS client

YM used to have a stally for general allround stuff - dressage, sj, Him jumping but he eventually went back (after not being sold through Oldencraig I think if memory serves me right) as he was just TOO hot headed really. Ym wasn't getting anywhere with him, he'd blow up as soon as his first boot was on, let alone riding or competing him.

My instructor is currently bringing on a 5yr old with the aim of eventing him next year. Has been doing BD this year and came 4th at the area festival, and he hasnt been to that many comps.

And Chief instructor is currently competing her 8yr old stally at PN eventing plus CT comps and BD at elementary level. And he's only had a couple of poles down in his sj.
Sexy stally at Windsor
Please Pm me if you want to see pics of him jumping (cant post due to copyright etc as have no direct links) and he's got a lot of scope

I'm lucky that I was able to work with them so can say that they are lovely horses, some are as laid back as they come (like Julip (PN eventer) ) where as Den was just hyper from the moment he came in from field etc. And also like any horse, it's how you deal with them - 8yr old is out 24/7 next door to the mares and is gentle as a lamb. Has the odd stally moment but that's normally when they're covering the mares (RS is breeding them)

Generally really nice horses
grin.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
Thanks guys! Just interested out of curiousity really, maybe in ten yrs time I might be in a position to get one!
Interesting, as I thought they were very cheap!