how much coloured pics now added !!!!!!

crazyponys

Visit site
ronnieside.jpg

crazyponys

Visit site
sorry hes 19 months old breeding is cob dad
and cob x mum so nothing special breeding wise .
i do have pics of both parents. he originally came from the coloured cob centre. who is happy to speak to anyone regarding him. hes to make 13.3hh plus.
hope this helps

Syrah

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
oops i mean to make 15.3hh plus he stands at 15hh now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you corrected it, I was beginning to think the man in the picture was a midget
grin.gif

In what way is he being bolshy?

crazyponys

Visit site
hes very in your face and wont be pushed away !!!
he also will turn his bum to threaten to kick but hasnt yet.
but at them prices guess hell be staying a while lol
he was originally purchased last year for £1700
shocked.gif

Syrah

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
hes very in your face and wont be pushed away !!!
he also will turn his bum to threaten to kick but hasnt yet.
but at them prices guess hell be staying a while lol
he was originally purchased last year for £1700
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a good time to sell as you probably already know, especially a young horse that's 2/3 years from being backed.

I would agree with around £500.

What have you tried to get him to behave?

crazyponys

Visit site
not much to be honest !!
hes fine with men .
i find him very overpowering and im only 5ft , and now realize hes going to be far too big for me, so havent really tried anything. !!
i wouldnt say hes 2/3 yrs from being backed id say he could be started next summer .

millitiger

Visit site
no more than£600 and frankly i think they saw you coming if you paid £1700.

can you not try to work on his manners instead of selling him? he's not exactly being naughty if he is just in your face. perhaps work on leading and being able to get him to move over, back, trot etc in hand?

Onyxia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt say hes 2/3 yrs from being backed id say he could be started next summer .

[/ QUOTE ]
2 or 3 years would put him at three and a half to four and a half,the right time to start his work.

crazyponys

Visit site
no more than£600 and frankly i think they saw you coming if you paid £1700

have a look on the coloured cob centre website !!!!!!!!!
he was one of the cheaper ones lol

Syrah

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
not much to be honest !!
hes fine with men .
i find him very overpowering and im only 5ft , and now realize hes going to be far too big for me, so havent really tried anything. !!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would reconsider backing him at 2.5, it's far too young and could ruin him both mentally and physically.

I think you've already made your mind up that he isn't right for you and it's a brave decision to make.

I also think that you will still need to work on his manners whether you decide to sell now or hang on for a while. If you don't do it now, it'll be a harder job in the future and reduce his value further.

Do you have an instructor who could help you out?

Good luck with him.

crazyponys

Visit site
syra my partner is working very hard with him on his manners,
as like you say hell only get worse , i think he senses im wary of him and so plays up more.!!!
thankyou
but i still think hed be ready for backing next summer hell be 3yrs then.
think 4.5 years is asking for trouble with a big cob with attitude problem !!!!!!!

shadowboy

Visit site
Hes 19 months now- presuming you back him June 2010 that would make him just under three. I would wait till hes at least 3 and a half - I indavertantly backed my youngster too young (sold to me as a year older than he really was- only found out 6 months later when his passport arrived on my doorstep) and it has filled me with guilt since! It nearly ruined his ridden career- patience will give you a healthier happier youngster
smile.gif

legaldancer

Visit site
I think backing at three is fine if they are physically developed enough. We had a bolshy filly we sent to be backed at two and a half as she was getting out of hand. We had her until her death at 23 & she never had back or leg problems. She would have got even worse, behaviour wise if we'd left her. After backing she was turned away for winter & started again at 3. I think it depends on the horse. Her son was very backward & we left him until four.

fornema

Visit site
If you go to any sales you will see even in the credit crunch purely for the fact is coloured he will fetch 1000+