How much do you charge for part loan???

newhorse

I have never part loaned a horse out before and wondered what you charge for, if anything?

He is not the most experienced horse in jumping etc, he is a hacker and is currently under going a 1 month training programme and full schooling so will doing some jumping and basic dressage by the end of it.

As some of you may be aware, I a not a bit fan of riding and am really wanting to get out of riding all together! The person would be with him for 3-4 days per week

Any ideas or advice appreciated?

Thanks

Booboos

I think it entirely depends on what you want to ask for and what people are willing to pay for. I have always had rides in exchange for help with the horses shares, so no money changing hands, but you may want to look at how much the horse costs you re livery, shoeing, etc. and ask the loanee to pay a percentage of that.

Work out what he costs you a week then divide by no. of days sharer has him, although I charge my sharer under what it costs me per day. I'd recommend using BHS loan agreement and altering it slightly too.

Twizzel

Covered shoes, feed, livery, basically the owner halved her total monthly bill and that's how much I paid.

I'm now riding some beautiful horses for nothing, they are a world apart from my old share horse. I've accomplished more on them in the 5 weeks that I've been riding them than I ever did in the 9 months of my old share

Best way to work out what to charge is to add up your regular monthly outgoings- livery, shoes, feed, divide by 4 to give a weekly sum, divide by 7 to give a daily amount then multiply by however many days your sharer will have the horse.

mandwhy

I think 10-20 a week is normal and that's what I pay for two days but horse lives out. If you pay over 150 a month you might as well get your own horse unless it is some special competition thing! I have always paid a flat rate :)