How much do you pay for call out?

TequilaMist

Visit site
We are usually £31.73 (incl. vat)for call out Mon - Sat extra on Sun and outwith normal working hours.If vet seeing 2 or more owners will get 'shared visit',think thats about £27.Also have actual examination on top of that. personally think basic examination should be included in call out fee.Why else have I called them!!!
Like the idea of a free day!Would suggest it but they would probably whack up all call outs to cover costs!!

Oaksflight

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We are usually £31.73 (incl. vat)for call out Mon - Sat extra on Sun and outwith normal working hours.If vet seeing 2 or more owners will get 'shared visit',think thats about £27.Also have actual examination on top of that. personally think basic examination should be included in call out fee.Why else have I called them!!!
Like the idea of a free day!Would suggest it but they would probably whack up all call outs to cover costs!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably what they've done with ours. Zone call out is good, if you can get it. Fine for using for jabs etc so you can book way in advance, but otherwise it'll probably be fully booked.

Emma123

Visit site
£40!! but if you have someone share it with you then its just split in half, so for vaccinations we all try and get it done in the same call out fee

If theres something wrong then the examination is added on top of that!!

Fairynuff

Visit site
60 euro but he comes down from Turin=150 kilometres. Cant complain. He spent all night here with a mare who was in colic and did more than was possible but had to put her down-he arrived at 7pm and left just after 3 am. All treatment, visit and putting down came to 250 euros.More honest than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless you Ali. M.
smile.gif

Oaksflight

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
£30 on a weekday - don't know about weekends but it will be more, he only comes 1 mile!!

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
Mines a good 15 miles away.

M

madabout2

once had £80!!! Ok he did come from the next county and it was a Saturday. BUT!! (Wasn't my usual vet old YO called him )

mrsbloggett

Visit site
Around £35 (inclusive of vat) during the week plus examination fee. About to find out what a Sunday call out is when I receive the invoice as I call vet out a couple of weeks ago. I have a feeling its gonna hurt!

Snowberry

Visit site
When the ponies were at home we used a vet who lives in the next farm along, he used to pencil us in for his journey home or on way to work but still charged us a £30 call out fee!!! (literally next farm along!!!
shocked.gif
)
Now we are on livery the callout gets split between however many see the vet - last time we used him our callout was a fiver!!!