How much do you pay for the dentist?

bryngelenponies

www.biopharm-leeches.com
As title really, just out of curiosity to see how prices differ around the country. Just wondering the cost of a visit from the dentist- routine treatment for uneven wear etc. My dentist is £20 call out and last time he came he said that nothing needed to be done so can't give a price for treatment for him.

eggs

Visit site
£35 per horse. Our EDT who is excellent is booked to do the whole yard (12 horses) every six month. He will check each horse and if he thinks the horse doesn't need doing that time he doesn't charge.

WelshMisfit

Visit site
My EDT is fab. He charges £35 flat rate, regardless of what treatment the horse needs.
First time I ever used him, he spent an hour and forty minutes working on him (with a power tool!) to take out a wave mouth. He didn't charge me any extra even though he could have done 3 in the time he took to do my boy. :)

Countrygirl

Visit site
Well I have just learned the hard way.
£45 for the vet to do teeth in November. Horse has been away to school and YO suggested there could be a problem and we should get them checked. Oh yes, there was a problem, poor boy I feel really bad. Excellent EDT treated him for £60, yes expensive compared to some - but she is fabulous and I will now get her out to do the baby ones wolf teeth for me.
I have learnt a major lesson, never again will my vets do my horses teeth.
Someone said to me "you wouldn't go to your GP for toothache would you?" How true that is

maletto

Visit site
£45 for general maintenance including rasp/float etc, whether by hand or power tools, regardless of number of horses and includes call out.

she's very good!