How much do you pay for your equine dentist?

Do you want to meet the international welshman of mystery and lunacy?

• Total voters

_jetset_

Visit site
I am thinking of changing my dentist because I only pay £15 and I am a great believer in you get what you pay for... Some people at my yard have just had Sally Kingsley (bugger, I missed it!) and she leaves them with diagrams and notes, but that was £50.

Claireg9

Visit site
think its 30-35 cash pounds!
His brilliant went away to Aus to get trained and all certified, and i have the added bonus i know him! Wicked!!!

vicm2509

Visit site
I pay £20 but that is only because he has a full day at our yard and does 15horses so we get it a bit cheaper. He is a brilliant dentist and has a huge waiting list as he is so busy. I think he would charge more if he was just coming to one horse though.

JAK

Visit site
I pay £35, he explains everything he does & why, answers banal random questions about teeth, leaves 'case notes', will look at bridles/bits fitted & offer suggestions/opinions, has a real way with the ponies/horses & is not unpleasant to gawp at!
All in all, the perfect EDT really!
grin.gif

juliehannah58

Visit site
I pay £35 per horse although that includes her 45mins drive to me and I only have 3 for her to do. She is fully registered and spends about 45mins on each one! I get a diagram at the end of my horses teeth and things I should keep my eye on. She is excellent.

I changed last year from someone I used for ages, I only used to pay £20 and it would take 15mins, no diagrams and then I found out she wasn't even registered, so I changed and haven't regretted it for a second!
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
That's what I have just found out too JH58 and it has made me a little dubious about future use... Like I said, you pay for what you get!

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks everyone... going to try to ring one of them today in my lunch to see whether they can come up to see my girl. There is someone else coming to the yard dentist wise, but again they are not BEVA or BEDTA registered so I think it would just be the same thing over again.

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
If you go onto BEVA website, I seem to recall they have a list of qualified EDT's sorted by area.

I use Doug & Simon Viewig. They are really great, they charge £35 per horse and they do give you diagrams afterwards. My mare is scared of men (very headshy when I bought her) - last time Doug came he put her soooo at ease that he said next time I won't even need to sedate her. I was v.impressed !

They have brand new power tools in case your horse needs more than a routine rasp.

HB

ru-fi-do

Visit site
Mine cost's me £25 and she is excellent, spends lots of time with them and explains everything, i get a chart filled in showing and explaining what has been done, she will answer any problems. The main thing she is always quiet around the horses and will spend as long as it takes for them to settle, so I think by the looks of it I have got a bargain price, she has trained in america.
smile.gif

Stella

Visit site
£40, he is fully trained. He shows the owner inside the mouth and what he is going to do/has done before/after. Leaves a record of treatment, will advise on bits etc and answer any question. Oh, and there is a strong 'Eye Candy' element to the guy
smile.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
I pay £20 and get drawings, explanations etc - last time he did Chancer for the first time - put the gag on and introduced him to a rasp with honey - and didn't charge me a penny.

This is why I have used Garry Draper for years - plus he does a good job and I am prepared to wait for him if he is away travelling doing horses round the world.