How much do you spend a month?

ecb89

Visit site
How much do you spend a month on horsey things apart from the obvious like livery, shoes, bedding, feed etc

Do you have some months where that is all you spend or do you find that you buy extra bits and pieces every month?

Lots of thanks :)

Clofox

Visit site
Well im a nightmare! I'm forever spoiling my girls rotter and there seems to be always something i need! On average roughley £60 a month, but thats on basic things headcollars, treats, licks, advent calenders.. Hehe:D new brushes ect ect however if i buy a new saddle cloth i won't buy as many others bits and bobs, so anywhere from £30+ really not including clothing and things for myself riding wise.
Hope this helps!:) X

Orson Cart

Visit site
Aside from livery, feed, farrier etc ... absolutely nothing! Have a full grooming kit and all the rugs I need and the agreement with husband is daughter can have a pony if it's at minimal cost ... so I try to keep it all as cheap as possible on the added extras!

I do, however, have an extensive Christmas list for family of things I would like for said pony!

showpony

Visit site
Too much! But would rather spend it on her rather than myself - I'm low maintenence, spend most of the wk in jodhs or jeans and my donatellas so don't need to splash out on " the latest fashion for myself" when doing the school run I used to freshen up before collecting my little one! Just don't bother anymore, lol!

Kikke

Visit site
I know what we pay on livery charges but otherwise I have no clue and blissfully staying that way:eek: I know silly but I know it's far more then the mortgage. Good thing my hubby and I both have a horse so feel less guilty :p

Theocat

Visit site
Probably about £50 per month on extras. We live very close to a big tack shop, and every time I need to pop in for something little - like a salt lick - there seems to be something else ... treats for doing carrot stretches, calmer, plaiting bands, leather balm ... any before you know it you've spent fifty quid! I'm very restrained about rugs and tack, but there are a lot of extras that we seem to get through ...

I'm trying to cut down visits by buying several of something like a salt lick in one go.

Enfys

Visit site
Aside from livery, feed, farrier etc ... absolutely nothing! Have a full grooming kit and all the rugs I need

More or less this :D
My local tackstore has a tent sale twice a year where I pick up leather halters for $10 and any blankets in sizes I don't already have for $60 as opposed to $200. Probably spend about about $200 a year on essentials/replacements. Haven't bought any tack for years, everything shares.

Irishbabygirl

Visit site
Try not to buy anything that's not essential - easier said than done! There's always something that I "need" when calling into Scats for a sack of feed!

Vicki-Finn-Perry

Visit site
Between £400-500 per month, depends If we have farrier due etc.

That's for four horses :) we lease a field and all of ours live out 24/7 with a tiny bit of hard feed each every night

Tash88

Visit site
Not very much at all actually, as I am on a very limited budget that just about covers my horse! I do feel guilty about it sometimes, but then again my horse does have good quality and clean tack, rugs, saddlecloths, boots, feed etc; and he is well looked after so I don't really feel like I need to spend that much on the little things. When I do go shopping I tend to go a little overboard though!