How Much Do You Spend At The Vet A Month ? ?

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
$700 last month for Shy's COPD emergency, Dogs painkillers, and another beloved dog PTS ( Inc cremation but no urn or box.)

€170 today for the vet call out fee for Shy's COPD, and for Ventipulin meds for Shy's COPD.

We are very far from rich. ???

Last edited:

fankino04

Visit site
Don't know if I should dare say this as may well be jinxing myself but my girl at most has needed 1 visit per year (inspect and give anti biotics or bute type thing) on top of annual jabs, the dogs on the other hand seemed to take great delight in bankrupting me, lost noodle in June and still have a balance on the credit card from it.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Don't know if I should dare say this as may well be jinxing myself but my girl at most has needed 1 visit per year (inspect and give anti biotics or bute type thing) on top of annual jabs, the dogs on the other hand seemed to take great delight in bankrupting me, lost noodle in June and still have a balance on the credit card from it.
So sorry about Noodle

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I think my lot have partially trained me already ?

I don't add it up. Can't bring myself to!
Yeah keep enough horses and you get to experience a wide range of medical issues ? not sure if it would have been cheaper to get the degree after all ?

Vet that came before Xmas to clean up 3yo's leg was very complementary about my dressing/bandage skulls
Er... thanks. Wish I hadn't had this much practice ?

tiga71

Visit site
Last month was my worst one yet, £740 for arthrimed injections for my old boy and sedation for clipping for one of my others. I can't complain too much. My old boy has only been lame twice in 13 years, once was bad farrier and now he was a bit stiff behind. Other than that just vaccinations and cartrophen injections. Other two are just vaccinations and one needs sedation for clipping.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Mine has severe COPD and now I have him in a routine that works I luckily don't spend much (touching wood frantically). I always have a pot of ventipulmin in the feed room so I can start using it quickly at the first sign of trouble, and other than replacing that I've only had one COPD-related callout and meds in the last 5 years. I can also ride him. We don't gallop or jump, but I didn't much before anyway, and I don't ride in winter so not sure how he'd cope with that if I wanted to (he's worse in winter).

It does always seem to come in groups though, in a short period of time at the end of summer we had red eye in the cattle, a cat with chemical burns in his mouth and a pony with feather mites. Plus routine TB testing and a castration. Luckily Irish vets are also much cheaper than the UK.