How much do you spend on your horses feed per month???

xXxTraversxXx

Visit site
How much do you spend on your horses feed per month???
grin.gif
thanks again
wink.gif

crackerjack

Visit site
erm not a lot, cracker lives of fresh air so we get through a bag of chaff for about 6 months and pony nuts at the same rate. and carrots.

seaofdreams

Visit site
Well im lucky as don't pay for livery for one

Lottie costs me £120.00 for livery and vet bills for pregnacy which has been somthing every month scince June, feet trimming £10 (every 6weeks though) feed about £10.00 every month, insurance £20.00pm i think that is all
And
Mouse costs me, £60.00 insurance pm, Shoes every 5weeks £50.00, competing fees £50-100pm, lessons £50pm

bellgave

Visit site
Just worked this out and Im a bit shocked that I spend about £40 a month per horse on just hard feed!! Considering that they all get adlib hay, Im guessing that the total figure will be a lot more.

No supplements other than garlic.

I get the feed stores own conditioning mix, dodson and horrell Barley rings (cant get a cheaper alternative) and Mollychaff.

I am defo going to keep track of my spendig a bit better!!!!

L

lilym

3 bags of bog standard pony nuts at £3.50 each....£10.50
1 bag mollichaff showshine @ £4.00
1 bag of alfa a oil @ £10.00
1 bag of fibrebeet £8.00
so that makes £32.50 for 3 neddies for 1 month, this will go up a bit when i get the younster in to be shown.
hay costs me £20 per round bale which lasts about 5 weeks.
this time last year i was spending £34 per week on feed and £78 per fortnight on hay as the numpties i was sharing a yard with started to steal my feed and hay, so i am saving each month!

Romansmum

Visit site
I share all feed costs with a girl at the yard as we feed our matching neds the same dinner. We make our own mix by buying in the major components from the local merchants.

Barley is £3 for a 40kg bag (micronised)
sugar beet £4 a 25kg bag
Mixed flakes (maise peas etc) £6 per 30kg bag
nuts (bog standard pony type) £4.50 20kg bag.
Chopfor bulk £3 for 30kg bag
Garlic and mint supplements £5 and £4 but we only use about 1/4 in a batch of mix so about £2.50
3 litres of soya oil £2

this makes us about 2 months of mix (with barley let over!) and we just add beet to dampen

at about £25 for two horses £12.50 for two months £6.25 a month - I'm such a cheap skate! but it is the best food as it has all things he needs and can alter the mix if i need to etc.

Oaksflight

Visit site
£40 for haylage in winter. He's had one bag of hifi lite since Jan, haven't even used half of it and its gone off! He's a cheap horse to keep.
smirk.gif

mandy4727

Visit site
About £80 a month. I have one really skinny veteran aged 39 who struggles to keep weight on him so is given conditioning flakes. He also doesn't eat much hay so alfalfa by the bag about 2 a month and chaff. Probably a bit less in summer say £40 cos out at grass during the day.

_jetset_

Visit site
I don;t know whether I really want to answer this post... I might frighten myself!

1 bag Alfa A lasts around 10 days so probably use 3 bags max a month - £25.50
1 bag Top Spec Balancer but lasts more than a month - £27.50
1 Tub Cortaflex but again lasts more than a month - £49.50
1 Garlic but lasts more than a month - £06.00
1 Hoof Power - £45.50
Haylage (soon to be hay) in winter - £45.00

Very frightening!!

riotgirl

Visit site
Hardly anything as on my Welshie as she just has a bag od Happy Dieter every month which costs about 7 quid. My old girl has a few suppliments and extras so I reckon it is about 20 quid a month for her.

Fiona

Visit site
For three horses in the winter...
Feed - £70
Supplements - (equiflex, benevit, oil, formula feet) £60 approx

Much much less in the summer as only get 1 feed instead of three, and no sugar beet.

Fiona