How much for muck heap removal?

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
The lovely neighbour has taken my muck heap away today but I don't know how much to give him? What's the going rate please? I'm in Lincolnshire if that is relevant? Thanks for any replies :)

Darbs

Visit site
We paid our local farmer £70. However, it hadnt been collected for a very long time and took two large trailer loads plus a bit of tidying up. I would guess for a single load it would be around £30.

chaps89

Visit site
Blimey. Couple of hundred pounds down here for 2 loads to be taken away. Local contractor charges £40/hour(+VAT I believe) for him and the tractor if that helps.

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
Thanks all :) It was one trailer load and it was removed by a teleporter with a cage/bucket contraption. Looks weird now it's not there! Cats won't be best pleased as they liked to sit on top of it and keep themselves warm whilst surveying the local mouse and vole populations. I'll give the lads who did it some cash.

dixie

Visit site
I’ve just paid £60 for a summers worth with two horses. It was £90 previous to that but at least twice the size.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
we pay about £80 twice a year when it gets taken down the allotments (2/3 large loads, 6/7 if in the short sided trailer), we aren't overun with people wanting to do it so essentially it's worth what ever!

They did also do some earth moving a few years so we have earth banks round it which makes it easier to pick up too.

be positive

Visit site
The local farmer doesn't charge me because he saves money on fertiliser if he comes for a decent load that can be spread onto the fields nearby, last time he was very happy to get a bottle of scotch.

Bradsmum

Visit site
Ooo BP I wish I had a farmer near me (Surrey/Sussex border) who would take it but they are not interested. I pay £200 for 6 months worth from 1 horse and 1 pony out 24/7.

be positive

Visit site
Ooo BP I wish I had a farmer near me (Surrey/Sussex border) who would take it but they are not interested. I pay £200 for 6 months worth from 1 horse and 1 pony out 24/7.

I know I got lucky, I was expecting to pay but once he saw how well rotted it was he decided to do it for nothing and put it directly onto the fields, I think it helps that I use straw bedding.

Mrs B

Visit site
Think our YO pays the farmer £70 a time, which in Winter is about every 3 weeks - fills a large trailer. (Shavings & pellets - no straw on the yard)

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
The local farmer doesn't charge me because he saves money on fertiliser if he comes for a decent load that can be spread onto the fields nearby, last time he was very happy to get a bottle of scotch.

Hell - the last farmer who wanted my muck heap wanted to give me more than a bottle of Scotch. I said: no thanks. I never have fewer than 5 horses stabled on straw - a lot more in winter - and it costs me a couple of hundred each year to get a contractor in to spread that which I haven't managed to spread through the year - it's brown gold to pasture.

Hollychops

Visit site
I'm in Lincolnshire and pay my farmer friend approx £70-90 depending on the size of the muck heap each spring. Next spring will be bigger as we didnt get it done this spring but with only 2 smallish ponies it shouldnt be too heavy an outlay.