How much for this hunter?

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
16.2hh 7yo TB gelding.

Exceptional manners and lovely temperament, stands with no fuss at meets and knows his job.

Cubbed with Cattistock past two seasons, hunted and hound exercised with Seavington past 3 seasons, all with lady rider, goes first or last, jumps everything.

Good to catch, box, shoe etc

Includes tack and rugs

Opinions please
smile.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Worth it's weight in gold I would say, and in the right part of the country around £9-10K I would say.

Without takc etc.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Cattistock has some big hedges so must have some ability. Seavington does not do quite so much. I would say 6-8k if he looks nice and jumps well at that age he could even slightly alter career.

ihatework

Visit site
Cubbing round my way doesn't include big hedges
confused.gif

but then I suppose we aren't really proper hunting country

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
to be honest if it hasnt done anything but hunt it cant be worth that much...my horse hunts alot, jumps everything, goes first or last, but wouldnt say he was worth 10k, and he events and showjumps too, and is only 5!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
...... to be honest if it hasnt done anything but hunt it cant be worth that much

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but you are totally incorrect. A good hunt horse will go for as much as a good novice/intermediate eventer.

Claireg9

Visit site
good hunters are worth alot so id say put him up for 9.5k and be prepared to drop slightly.
However the market is slow at the mo so you might find 6k is a quicker sale!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Well you will have a ready made market for him in many respects. Presumably you've put the word around the hunts he has hunted with that he will be on the market.

Aim him for an Autumn Hunting sale - fit and ready to go.

He sounds wonderful. What's the breeding??

MagicMelon

Visit site
£3000 max. A hunted horse is useful, however its not proven (like having competition experience / records etc.). So personally it wouldnt be worth that much unless someone wanted it purely AS a hunt horse!