How much has your horse helped you?

Parkranger

Visit site
Just thinking about how much having Ty has helped me emotionally through the breakup with my husband, having to deal with him going straight into another relationship (while still under the same roof!) and selling my house and other numerous nightmares!

They really are therapautic (even when they're being evil) so wondered if you guys had anything that you don't think you would have got through as easily without your trusty steed(s)

x

miamibear

Visit site
I dont think i would be getting through life at the moment without my neddy - doubt i would have got through the weekend without being a wreck if i hadnt gone out hacking on my boy. Saturday was just us two, i had a good chat to him and it sorted my head out a bit!

That sounds so lame but he is my friend as well as my pet and an animal!

Life wouldnt be the same without him, it keeps me going knowing i have more things to live for.

Plus i can make plans for next year knowing he wont be leaving me, unlike OH which is a bit uncertain at the mo!

xx

Chex

Visit site
They're definately theraputic. Chex has put up with all my moaning as I entered, endured and left my teenage years lol. I feel better just for telling him all my problems, and I think the routine stopped me from refusing to get out of bed during rubbish times. Fresh air and a good gallop always cheers me and puts things in perspective.

_OC_

Visit site
God so sorry must have been bl**dy horrible...poor you...!!!!Sorry back to my boy,yes he came 3 weeks after the loss of my mare that I had owned for 12 years and he helped pull me through.....you can always sob on them and they seem to understand!

Parkranger

Visit site
God, how many of the forums horses have been sobbed all over I wonder!

I agree about a good gallop making things feel normal again - it's weird isn't it! x

Pidge

Visit site
Loads, bought my first one 6 months after losing my husband and to be honest it is what keeps me going. I know I shouldn't rely on them so much but when you look at things overall what is there in life - work - I think not, definately a 4 letter word. Work helps to fund my lifestyle. If I didn't have my horse life would be very boring, I'd be RICH!, fat and unhealthy, have a smaller circle of friends. can't think of any more off the top of my head!

Marbs

community.webshots.com
Were the only reason for getting up in the mornings when I had mine...so now counting the days until I can get another one.They're very therapuetic - even though they do cause lots of heartache in themselves!

Scarlett

Visit site
My little brother died last year a few days after xmas, he was only 10 and had cancer. I was, obviously, devistated and threw myself into doing stuff with my then only horse Bailey. Bailey was my baby and I had already been through a lot with him including a messy break up and moving to the other end of the country. A few weeks later I ended up, through various circumstances with another 3 horses. One of whom I had decided to keep. In April of last year I lost Bailey to colic, I was only just beginning to be dealing with the loss of my brother so too lose my baby knocked me for 6, i decided the others were going and I was giving up for good. To sell them I needed to do some work with Ren, who was a friends coloured ISH that had came to me on loan, although I had him for 3 months before this I hadnt done much with him as I felt he needed time off. From bringing him back into work i discovered he had back and teeth problems, so i decided to fix this before selling him for her, then he had a problem with his hip, which again I decided to get sorted. By this point him and I had became a real partnership and when she told me she needed him sold quickly I raised the money by selling my car and made him mine. He has been my Angel this year, all 3 of my boys have been great and I have a real bond with my boyfs TB youngster too, but Ren is mine and although it has taken months and its been a really long, hard year with him and his problems we have a great bond and I know he loves and trust me as much as I do him....

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
My boy is totally my best friend. My OH took a job in May of this year that means he works away a lot (we havent seen each other since the beginning of december this time) and there is no way I could cope if it wasnt for my boy.

He's a very affectionate horse and is always happy to see me and that in itself always makes my day and gives me something to look forward too.

Aside from the emotional bond, he's taught me so much in regards to riding and my progress in the last year has been great and it's all down to him. Ive read a few people saying that you learn much more from buying a youngster and bringing that on yourself as opposed to buying schoolmasters and while I think this can be true, it can also be a case of the "blind leading the blind".

I've never bonded with a horse the way I have this one. He's always there for me when no one else is
laugh.gif

BBs

Visit site
I dont know where I would be without my horses.
Winston and I have been through so much together over the past 3 years. Bertie is my soul mate, we've been together 16 years and the thought of having him PTS in September was awful - however we've got him through it and he is now back with us looking great
smile.gif

And as for the newbee, hes just very special and doesnt look like he will be going anywhere soon
smile.gif
as it was thought we would sell him in the spring - however, hes turning into something rather great, so i want to see how far we can go together first
smile.gif

My life is My horses! and when i was going through a real sore patch this year, they helped me through it
smile.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
something my friend said to me the other day is that you can never be lonely with a horse.

kind of true as I've only ever felt once, in the last 6 months, 'god I feel lonely'.....and that wasn't when I was down the stables either....

x

mangobiscuit

Visit site
Yes, Fin is most definately theraputic.

I talk to him throughout entire hacks (yes..I'm sre I look crazy
crazy.gif
) and have quite matter of fact discussions with him.

It also highlights why, if your yard is bitchy, it's best to go up...enjoy your horse, do you're thing and not get too involved. Noothing worse than your lifelong passion turning into a stressful episode everytime you go up to see them!

Oh....and I have FAB friends....(you know who you are) who give great advice and support thru woteva....
smile.gif
cool.gif

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
Without Molly my world would definately have fallen apart when my long term partner and I split in March 2005. I have some great friends too of course but she was the only reason I got out of bed some days, I knew how much she relied on me and that I had to be there for her and in turn she was there for me, I really do think she knew something was up.

KateStartin

Visit site
Didn't realise how much i rely on my horse till last year when my own horse had been turned away after injury and my loan horse had been sold and for 2 whole months i was left with nothing! Yes i went to see my boy in the field but not the same and i was totally lost and in a foul mood!!!!

Now he is all mended and back in work, he has helped me get over break up and i think i might have gone crazy without him when i was doing my dissertation! He has been with me for 6 years and i have only just come to terms with the fact that my most favourite horse in the world is never going to be the competition horse i wanted but he really does have a home for life, just for being him!!!!!

vicm2509

Visit site
My horse has helped me get through the past year so much. I last had a horse 9 years ago and always felt like my life had been incomplete without one (I was 15 when he was PTS and mum wouldnt buy me another one). I split up from my long term partner last february and was so low I didnt know what to do, my life just felt so empty. So I took the plunge and bought Baron. It was the best thing I ever did, I am happier than I ever have been in the last 8 years. No matter how stressed I feel as soon as I get the stables nothing else seems to matter, he helps me to focus my mind on other things and makes me realise how truly lucky I am to have him.

barnbrookaa

Visit site
Mine help all the time i talk to them and i get the o no here we go again face but thy do actully listen and help me because they just make me laugh. they have helped me through bf breakups, grandma dieing and loads of stuff, would not be without them now
grin.gif

Bright_Spark

Visit site
My horses have helped me through some rough times, being bullied at school, my Gran dieing and normal bloke troubles although I alway regret not taking Septre when I went to Uni (ok so my mum wouldnt let me LOL).

evsj

Visit site
Definately the best therapy - way above the retail sort, alcohol, fags etc. Although, curiously horses can also be the cause of so much stress...but that is usually down to other people and stressage tests!

My horse has helped me get through the death of my grandmothers (both of who encouraged my love of horses), kept my spirits up when i was in a war zone and now she is my ray of light at the end of each day in my sh*tty job. No matter how difficult things have been during the day (and how badly someone has p***ed me off), simple little things like doing her stable and changing her rugs make the stress melt away.

not_with_it

Visit site
I wouldnt be the person that I am without Gin. She is always there with a hug and knows everything about me. We have been through alot to get where we are but I wouldnt change it for the world.

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Rock has literally saved my life, without him i wouldnt be here and i know that. Hes helped me get through a horrific relationship break down which ran alongside getting so severely abused at college that i took up home schooling to get my a levels. More importantly, if it wasnt for Rock i physically would have broken down. 3years ago i fell ill with M.E, and was so severely disabled with it i couldnt get out of bed. Getting Rock gave me motivation, gave me a reason to get up every morning. I truly believe if i didnt have him, i wouldnt have got through the M.E and would still be ill today.

Tia

Visit site
I like my horses and enjoy spending time with them, but if anything is tugging at my emotions then it is always my old dog that I go to. She knows me so well and she is perfect for helping me see the light. I adore my old dog.
smile.gif

tabithakat64

Visit site
Kayleigh, I feel exactly the same when I first got Lady, I had lost the pony I had on loan for seven years, broken up with my long term boyfriend, without Lady I don't know what I would have done, she was the only thing that brightened my life. I've had ME for ten years now and having horses means I try never to give in to my illness even when i'm crying in pain because I know they need me, there are times when I need help with things, times I worry what would happen to my neds if I couldn't take care of them any more, but they always brighten my day no matter how crappy I feel
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Rock has literally saved my life, without him i wouldnt be here and i know that. Hes helped me get through a horrific relationship break down which ran alongside getting so severely abused at college that i took up home schooling to get my a levels. More importantly, if it wasnt for Rock i physically would have broken down. 3years ago i fell ill with M.E, and was so severely disabled with it i couldnt get out of bed. Getting Rock gave me motivation, gave me a reason to get up every morning. I truly believe if i didnt have him, i wouldnt have got through the M.E and would still be ill today.

[/ QUOTE ]

OWLIE185

Visit site
My horses probably save me from going to see the shrink as without them I am sure that I would become very wound up.

I love hacking out and having time to think things out while plodding along.

Have been in the situation more than once when I have been told it is either them or my horse and the horse always wins!