How much is he worth?

star

Visit site
3yr old reg Welsh Section D. To make 15.2hh ish. Nice looking, nice-moving, but unshown. Related to my current one who has been a star. Unbitted, unbacked, but well handled. I'm thinking of buying. dont have pic, but anyone any idea what sort of price you'd pay for something like this? I'm being asked to make an offer and it needs to be sensible!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I would do plenty of searching on horsemart and horsequest first to assess their going rate.
Round here he would be worth £1500 but horses are very cheap here.
Aged four and broken around £3500 so I would rely on the ads for guidance..
(though their daft prices don't mean they actually sell for those prices!)
I would always recommend the nesscliffe bloodline, our cob Selwyn has been like yours. exceptionally good in every way apart from the manic cob temperament about being in alone and getting excited at shows. He always calmed down however the second he entered a ring..

star

Visit site
he's in anglesey if that helps!

have looked on horsequest but prices seem to vary so much. i am inclined to think he is worth less because he is unshown - he's been in the same field since a weanling - never been out to see the sights and so can imagine his 1st show could be quite interesting - this must make him worth less than a 3yr old who's been out seeing the sights and getting some results. on the upside he is good-natured and well handled, regularly vaccinated, teeth done, wormed, worm counted, feet trimmed etc. if i dont buy this guy i am probably going to save up and go to the welsh sales in the spring where i guess i might get something cheaper. This one is Hendrewen, Maesmynach, Llanarth bred and I do like the look. He's very dark liver chestnut, verging on black with white socks and white blaze with nice movement, but not too much knee action. I want him for dressage mostly, but also some jumping - showing less important.

I_HATE_FLATWORK

Visit site
i had to sell a stunning sec d around about march time due to loss of grazing he was handled but still quite shy needed a sympathetic handler he went to auction unfortunatly and fetched a price of £860 dealer bourght him and he said he was expencive but didnt mind because he was so nice hope this helps

kateknights

Visit site
I agree 1.5-2, I looked at a Welsh Section D last year, straight from the breeder in Wales and his price unbroken was £1,300, fully papered, but not as big as your guy.
Hope this gives you an idea.
Kate x.