How much is she worth?

Bri

Visit site
Apologies for doing one of the dreaded 'how much' posts but really don't have a clue, especially as horse prices being so ridiculous at the moment - not much of a guide to go by!
Anyway -
16.2 expected to make 17hh
3 and a half years old mare out of crossdrum spurs and KSN Belladonna. Beautiful movement, has been seen to happily pop 5ft gate. Very trainable, quick learner. Vice free, fine to catch,trim, box bla de bla....
You all know what she looks like I think!
Any suggestions?

Haflinger

Visit site
I'll pretend you havn't just said that! You love her really
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
At least 4k
Good fo you, but not for coloured purchasers coloured prices have rocketted
frown.gif

Something very plain jane and its going for silly money!
So personally i think at this current time you could put 5k and probably get it.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Oh no doubt he is absolutely ace, but sometimes I just think I expect him to be too much of an alrounder. He settles to showjumping just dandy, and then I ask he to hunt and teamchase, poor lad doesnt know whether he is coming or going.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Awww please dont be tempeted! Im right now like..... unridable youngster.... which i can't see the light * say riding a sj course* or sell up and with money buy a nice somthing i can go out on! Rather then watch every body out hunting, etc etc.... God what id do to throw some tack on a go out for a hack on mine *reins on buckle in one hand.... legs over saddle.. mobile on other hand... Tractors whizing left right and centre...* But end of day LONG TERM GOALS! Few years mine *and urs* will be perfect for me/you... and your have such a bond that will get you all the way! *at least this is what i hold onto* I know there was so many times i was talked out selling my last youngster.... a year later she was spot on perfect.... I'm so glad i hung in there a when i sold her i sold her for the right reason *stirring troubles... my legs daggling to her kness!*
grin.gif

Bri

Visit site
We just really aren't getting on. Think we bring out the worst in each other which isn't good for either of us - saying that I don't know whether it would be the same with any horse after sid, they have a lot to live up to! Doubt she'd sell until spring anyway so have until then to see if things are going to work out!

Rosiie:
shocked.gif
But I may have an empty stable soon so let me know if you do
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
WOW!

[ QUOTE ]
We just really aren't getting on. Think we bring out the worst in each other which isn't good for either of us

[/ QUOTE ] I said word to word that not much after xmas last year.... Come spring.... and even now i look back and think HOW? I've never been so close to a horse and got on so well.... Sometimes you get on so well, and so close you don't get on..... *like the borthers and sisters kinda* Stick it through.... you must know each other pretty well to not get on to start with... I've had mine months now... still kinda numb not yet feeling it....

Stick in there, don't sell a horse under these tearms.

And remember no rider not even a world famous rider/groom can look after her like you can.... you know her better then any one and that counts!
grin.gif

Pidge

Visit site
Oh honey, it's going to be hard anyway after losing Sid. It took me a long time to get to grips with Pidge as he is completey different to Higgs, I even got to the point where I was like "I can't ride at all" and throwing my dummy out of the pram big time. But I perservered and now I wouldn't swap him for the world. You haven't really had Sky long and she is still a baby so has a lot of growing up to do. Could you perhaps write down the good and bad things to try to put things into perspective? Sometimes when down we blow the small things up out of all proportion? Please don't make any rash decisions that you may regret. Give her and you some time to chill out and go and have some fun
grin.gif
sometimes it can get too serious and believe me when things go wrong riding wise it takes over your whole life and its miserable, but then when they go well its like having a month of Sundays
grin.gif
It is easy to look back after bad times and think "Oh well that's horses for you" not so easy when actually going through it.

MillionDollar

Visit site
She'd be worth at least £4.5k.

I can't believe you're actually thinking about it
frown.gif
i mean if you're really not happy then it probably is the right decision. Its just shes so lovely, she'll be snapped up instantly.

I hated my mare lottie aftrer i'd had her a month because i loved my cob Flo soooooo much (and still do). But now i love her too, i can't even think what it would be like without her!

Weezy

Visit site
I am going to go against the grain here and not going to pull a
blush.gif
face and say "dont do it" - TBH I think she is a bit TOO much like Sid and hence you cannot help but want Sid back - maybe its the time now to get a great 8year old that you can immediately go and have some fun with - that will help you get over Sid and move on - equally Skye maybe that horse, the one in your lifetime
confused.gif
who knows, but after going through what you went through with Sid, I dont think there is any harm in you having a look at what is around and seeing if there isnt something that grabs you - good luck