How much is the going rate... (also in NL and hunting)

Mugsgame

Visit site
to pay somebody competant to;

1. Muck out? (Straw boxes, plus hay, water and tidy).

2. Clip?

3. Exercise for 45 mins?

4. Lunge a horse for upto 30 mins (including getting tacked up first and a wash off after?).

Sorry if this is a bit ambiguous, ineterested to hear people's experiences and oppinions... do people pay in units, ie so much per box, or ££ by the hour... if paying by the hour, how much do you expect to get done?

Would you charge/ pay less if the owner's clippers were used to clip the horse involved?

And for excercising would you pay per ride or per hour? Would there be a difference between someone schooling and hacking?

Would you discount for multiple horses?!

Thanks in advance... have stopped thinking of questions now!!!!!
cool.gif

BBs

Visit site
To muck out Id say £2.50 a box
Clip - depending on what sort of clip, full around £45
Exercise I would charge £10 for an hour
Lunge £8

I would probably charge less yes, because there is now wear and tear on my own clippers

I wouldnt change deferently if i were schooling/hacking makes no difference tbh.

Depends on how many horses, but if only one extra, no I wouldnt. 4-5 I would think about it.

susannita

Visit site
I pay for 2 hours. In that time i expect to have 3 beds done (on shavings and mats) waterbuckets changed, feed buckets cleaned and haynets hung (nets are already made up) Then horses turned out too. I can do it in an hour 20 but takes my mum 2 hours so thats what i pay for, if it takes less time I don't mind so long as everything is done properly.

Shipley

Visit site
I pay £8 a day for full, turout in & Rugs Muck out etc
riding I used to pay £10 lunge or hacking £15 schooling
Clipping £30 - 45

kick_On

Visit site
1. Muck out? (Straw boxes, plus hay, water and tidy). - £5 per stall

2. Clip? - trace £20, hunter £25 - extra if not good to clip - danger money!!

3. Exercise for 45 mins? - £20 min

4. Lunge a horse for upto 30 mins (including getting tacked up first and a wash off after?). - £20 min
hourly rate - £20per hour can be cut in quarter of an hour (ie £5's)

defo would offer discount if more at one yard, as less travelling

TableDancer

Visit site
I would pay an hourly rate for stable/yard jobs, and agree set number of hours for given tasks: Avenger seems pretty generous in her time allocation but at least that leaves time for twiddly bits
wink.gif
And I agree with the basic approach. Hourly rate for this type of work would be £8-10 in my area.

Riding/exercising is different and is usually done on a per horse basis round here. I differ from BBs in that I would differentiate between paying someone to school my horse and to hack it out. I will school horses and generally charge £20-25 for the first horse, £15-20 for subsequent ones at the same venue (price depends how busy I am and how nice the horse(s) are
shocked.gif
blush.gif
I wouldn't expect to pay that much (or get paid that much) if someone was just hacking out.

faerie666

Visit site
This is what I would charge:

1. Muck out? (Straw boxes, plus hay, water and tidy).
£8.50/h, would expect to get 3-4 stables done in 1 hour depending on the set up (how dirty the horses are, how far to the muck heap, how big is the barrow etc).

2. Clip?
Depends on clip, £40 for full clip with my clippers, less if using theirs.

3. Exercise for 45 mins?
£20/h

4. Lunge a horse for upto 30 mins (including getting tacked up first and a wash off after?).
£20/h

I charge the same for any kind of exercising, and yes, I would give a discount if more than 3 horses at the same yard.
I also charge £0.40/mile travel costs if it's more than 5 miles away.
smile.gif