How much money would you get off your horse for

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Out hacking just now, on the old goat - alone because of daughters horse being injured. I can hear in the distance (round imminent corner) the building side in full swing, I know I'm likely to have a slight issue with getting past and had forgotten my whip just incase.
When out if the corner of my eye I see £10 on the floor. I stay put. I know if I get off 1. It's a long way til I get to something I can clamber back on off and 2. Old goat is highly likely to nap and after seeing him rearing I don't really want a fight on my hands.
It's only a tenner and I can drive back and see if it's still there.... Then I see £20... And leap off!
So I have £30 but can't get back on. I also know full well having doubled back ever so slightly to get the £10 no way are we continuing in the correct direction towards the busing site.
So we take a detour and he's a complete ar** and I wonder if it was actually worth it😂

Enfys

Visit site
That's a weeks worth of horse feed, I would be off like a shot, mind, Estrella IS only 13.1h :)

Regardless of size I'd get off, knowing my luck though it would only be a piece of rubbish that looked like a bank note, so then I would have a grotty piece of scrap paper screwed up in my pocket for the entire winter :(

caileag

Visit site
On a riding school hack many moons ago, myself and a junior instructor spotted a tenner on the road. We hung back a bit, she jumped down and got I helped her back on, we split it later.

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
I was thinking about this today. Stopped to give the old boy a mint. I stay on and he stretches round to my foot.

I dropped them though. Was pondering on getting off but thought better of it and he did not seem to care at bending but not getting a mint! !

I would be off for a fiver. And take the blisters from the walk home!!! Lol

PolarSkye

Visit site
To answer the original question - a fiver - my boy was quite the dancer in his day - liked to stand on his hind legs too - on a road in heavy traffic - and spin. Fun, eh?

However - now that I know I can never ride him again, I'd give a shedload of money just to sit on him one more time.

P

oldie48

Visit site
Just in front of you. The £20 note was purplish with the queens head head on it and the tenner was pale orange, I think it may have had Darwin on the reverse side but I'm not absolutely sure. There was a bit of a light breeze, so they might have blown a bit. Where exactly did you find them?
Exact location please Oldie48!!!

soulfull

Visit site
Hmm. Depends how sore I was (I am disabled) and how far I would have to limp home if I couldn't find something very substantial to get back on, if I wasn't too sore to consider walking or remounting
if not more than a 5 mins walk then £20 plus. Any longer than that and I would ride home and rush back in the car lol

Kat

Visit site
Off my (nearly)16hh horse with a treeless saddle it would have to be paper money. Off the 13.2hh I borrow....... considerably less! If I'm groom on the carriage anything!

AppyLover

Visit site
it's 2 weeks till payday at this point i'd probably get off for £5 or maybe less lol but i guess i don't actually have a riding horse to get off of but next year I'm sure i will need the thought of potential floor money to distract me so I don't think everything will spook Ted and get sent flying haha

MouseInLux

Visit site
This is one of the reasons that I'm an adult riding a pony (a big one but still a pony). I'd get off for the £10 or even £5 because I can get back on easiy ;)

Boulty

Visit site
I'd've been off for the tenner (having spent a few moments working out if I could lean down and reach it with a stick or something cos I'm lazy) buuut I have a 14.2 so only a small slope or fence is needed for remounting!