how much - sorry i no we have a lot

ilvpippa

Visit site
im getting a new horse soon and i was wondering roughly how much it costs to get there wardrobe inckuding tack etc. The reason is he isnt going to come with any so i was just wondering thanks x

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
It very much depends on what you buy!
A rug can cost from £30 to over £200
A bridle from £10 to well I don't know lots etc.

Ebay is always a good place to start as if you are on a bit of a budget then you can get some good second hand stuff.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Righty ho, I've just paid out for this kinda stuff so...

Saddle and bridle...Allow about 200 quid for a second hand basic saddle, bridle, numnah, girth, bit, stirrups etc.

Rugs... the saxon range are cheap and do the job, about 40 quid each, so allow about 120 for starters.

Grooming kit...about 20 quid for the basics.

Mucking out kit....(wheelbarrow, pitchfork etc) about 50 quid TIP: go to homebase for these things...WAY cheaper than a tack shop. You'll also ned feed bins, buckets etc, coming in at about another 30 quid.

When you look at it it doesnt seem like you'd really need much, but it's all the little bits that add up, like door bolts, saddle rack, rug rack etc. All those things not essential but that make life easier!
allow a good 500 or 600 quid andshop for bargains and you should be okay.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Yearh my new horse, ive brought rugs (apart from a heavy weight with neck stable, and a light day/show one) Say £200

And bits and bits, like lunging, travel, headcollars, boots etc etc probs £50-£100

Saddles cost the most spesh as these days hard to get just one saddle for all... But there isnt much market for second hands so you can really grab a bargin!!

WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT ADD IT UP!! Has a bad bad effect.... i tried... got half way... almost fainted!

Skhosu

Visit site
200 quid for a saddle? Can I have your saddler please? I've never got a leather one for less than 400! (mind you it was awell cared for 2nd hand one..)
depends on how easy your horse is to fit on the saddle price