How much to rent a field in SE?

PerfectCoffee

Visit site
Just wondered how much you all pay to rent a field? Obviously varies area to area but am thinking in the South East within an hours commute of London but still pretty rural. A smallish field, say 2 to 3 acres with safe hedges/fencing.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Nothing else?
Is water piped on?
Any hardstanding or shelter at all?
Is it useable all year round? (eg, not boggy)
Secure?
Vehicle access for hay/muck etc?
Anything from £100 - 350pcm depending on area and if anything else there IMHO :)

rhylis

Visit site
Very much depends on the area. I used to pay £110 pcm 5 years ago in Medway. It was fairly basic though. Here in Hampshire you'd probably pay at least double that amount.

Abacus

Visit site
I let out a small yard (5 stables and 10 acres, with a school) for £500 pcm. It has water but no electricity. I would think less than half of this for just a few acres with water but nothing else. I'm in the home counties.

WelshD

Visit site
I rent a field just outside the home counties in quite an expensive area where small paddocks are in demand, I pay £150 a month for 3 acres, stables and a hay store, there is no electric or running water

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I pay £200 a month with a barn that has 4 stables, only 2 are any good, the others need some work, but I barely use them, so not really bothered! I have a massive lockable tack room but the electrics and lights are questionable, I've sort of decided, they've tripped, I'm not going to keep making a fuss about it being fixed, coz they just keep going.

I have 3 acres with a large field shelter and access to another 3 acres in the summer, but I only use about half an acre of it as most of the horses are fatties! we only have 2 horses a my mini on the land at the moment, so would use more if my gelding was to move back

PerfectCoffee

Visit site
Thanks all, very helpful :) Fuzzy Furry it has a field shelter and a small amount of hard standing, no piped water and direct road access, not obviously boggy.

Last edited:

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Thanks all, very helpful :) Fuzzy Furry it has a field shelter and a small amount of hard standing, no piped water and direct road access, not obviously boggy.

Well, 2.8 acres close to me with no hardstanding, no electric but has a very old shelter, water and 2 dreadful dark stables is currently let for 360 pcm, had the phone ringing off the hook the last couple of times it was advertised.
Plus points are direct onto hacking and 30 mins walk of mainline station (28 mins or so to Waterloo).