How much would you be prepared to pay?

Visit site
For holiday cover for your horse at home? Obviously depending on distance and what needed doing but the example I have is I will be going twice per day and it is 24 min drive from where I live. I don’t think there will be a huge amount of work so I am basing it on 1 hour’s work morning and 1 hour’s work evening plus fuel. What would you be prepared to pay for this? Just want to see if what I have in mind is about right!

mariew

Visit site
Are you asking what you should charge or what people would pay? Charge what you are willing to do it for. For me that would be 4 hours work. Remember as self employed you need insurance and no one is paying you any benefits like pensions so don't forget to take that into account. My guess is I would want £60 ish. I suspect that not many would want to pay this though.

sport horse

Visit site
Freelance grooms charge between £12 and £15 per hour plus travel expenses. Your travelling time is working time. so anything from £48 to £60 plus fuel. Maybe people will not want to pay this but in reality the horse world is going to have to accept this level of wages if they want to attract staf into the industry.

meleeka

Visit site
I’d pay £10 per hour plus fuel 2 hours x 2 per day as a minimum if it were a friend, but would expect to pay £60 - £70 for an insured professional freelancer.

Hackback

Visit site
Wow thats a lot of money. I'm not saying it isn't right though. I had been wondering how much it would cost us when we have the horses at home and we go on holiday, but it would be far cheaper to send them on holiday livery.

J&S

Visit site
I would be looking for some one closer to home!! Can you not find a reliable, local horsey person who could walk round and check and feed etc?
Wow thats a lot of money. I'm not saying it isn't right though. I had been wondering how much it would cost us when we have the horses at home and we go on holiday, but it would be far cheaper to send them on holiday livery.

Hallo2012

Visit site
i pay £50 a day for someone to live in whilst I'm away and that incl cats and sometimes the dog.

so you've got no cats/dogs BUT travel so i think £50 a day is still reasonable.

Leandy

Visit site

I doubt it would although depends where you are located. Have you checked? For short term holiday livery entailing sole charge?

Hackback

Visit site
I doubt it would although depends where you are located. Have you checked? For short term holiday livery entailing sole charge?
Yes, they're in livery now, just over the road. Of course it would be dependent on if they had space at the time.