how much would you pay for...

xXxTraversxXx

Visit site
A second hand, 3 years old, a bit grubby but cleanable, Isabelle Erth wintec dressage saddle. A friend has asked me if I would like to buy hers. Don't know what price she's offering it to me for but what do you think is a reasonable price. It also has a changeable gullet system to fit any horse? Can anyone explain this to me and do you need a saddle fitter to do it for you???
Thanks
grin.gif

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
Hi Travers
You can change the gullet system yourself, BUT, I would also be checking for panel defects. Often wintecs mould to the horse they have been fitted to. You can normally change the gullet to fit the width of your horse but that does not mean that it will fit length wise or be suitable for your horses conformation. it just gives you more adaptation to width than a fixed leather saddle. The actual changing of the gullet is easy once you know what width your horse is.
It would be worth getting a saddler out to test the width of your horse and see the saddle on, they may be able to reflock it, and will certianly let you know if the saddle will be suitable for your horse. You could also get a knowledgable person out to see roughly, but it would be more financially beneficial if you could get a saddler out, as they will be able to flock it there and then, or tell you it is unsuitable so you dont waste money buying it. On the plus side, they are light and by design do tend to give and mould to the horse quicker than a leather.

As an old saddle that may or may not need adjusting ect ect, I would not pay anymore that fifty for it, if that.

hope this helps
Dawn