how much would you pay for..

Lillian_paddington

Visit site
Things you’d need to know before answering that...
What’s the height?
How’s its schooling? Dressage movements, how nice are its paces, how high does it jump regularly and confidently?
What’s its competition record?
What work is it currently doing?
What’s its vet history?
Could a novice ride it?
Any vices - bucking, wind sucking, napping etc.
Is it a nice person? Ie, does it generally like people, want to please, will tolerate cuddles. Sounds a bit silly but I would pay substantially more for a cuddly horse that I could have a good relationship on the ground with.
There’s probably some more I’ve forgotten but it’s a start!

NLPM

Visit site
Depends on all sorts... Why he's for sale (e.g. injury/other work-limiting scenarios); what his personality was like; any vices or 'special requirements', e.g. about turnout, or fancy shoeing needed, etc.; whether 'has evented' means 'skips round BE100 with his eyes shut' or 'once saw a xc fence in the distance', etc. Difficult to say OP, sorry!

ETA... Realistically, at 14 years old (presumably coming up for 15 given we're in December, although I know that might not always be the case) I'd have a relatively low ceiling on the price I was prepared to pay, unless the horse was very special. Other people, on the other hand, might see that as a real plus if the horse was a proper 'been there done it all will hold a novice rider's hand all the way round' type.