How much would you pay?

Oaksflight

Visit site
Hal has taken a turn for the worse, vet is coming out tomorrow, looks like he'll be on box rest. Only problem being, I'm going to be at Leeds Festival from Thursday-Monday morning. So how much would you pay a friend (who keeps horse there) a day to keep a horse on box rest? Involves giving haynet and rack in morning, possibly morning feed, mucking out, and walking out and hosing. Then in evening, skipping out, giving hay, feeding, walking out and hosing. I'm thinking £10 a day? Is that reasonable? She probably won't accept it all, but she does need the money!

Bri

Visit site
Think it sounds more then reasonable too me!

I just got paid £40 for looking after two horses for 4 days...The Owner is a bit stingy though!

Oaksflight

Visit site
Ah, good! She won't be able to look after him on the Sunday, so shall have to ask my Mum/YO to look after him that day. Another expense! Oh well!
crazy.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
yep sounds good i got £40 for looking after a horse for two weeks!
blummin heck, was diddled by my own friend!
Er well theres more to life, and she did bring me back a cheese board, (if only i liked cheese) But the thoguht was there.

matthew

Visit site
Yeah i would say that is fine- if she is a friend she probably wont take any money-if not, id say a bottle of something and a big bunch of flowers would be a nice gesture!

Oaksflight

Visit site
Been best friends with her for ten years. She's willing to look after him and ride him for free as original plan was, but if he's going to be on box rest, it'll mean her going up to yard twice a day for him, so feel a bit mean not paying her! Plus she's struggling with money at the mo!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Depends if she has to drive to the yard. If so then rate is usually £10 per trip (so twice a day is £20 overall). But if she's already on the yard, to be fair if I was her Id do it for free!

If you dont want to get into the whole money thing (which can be embarassing with good friends) - you could just buy her a nice prezzie from the festival or something?

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Or you could give me your Leeds tickets and save your money
wink.gif

Seriously though £10 a day sounds reasonable... if she won't accept then buy her something nice instead.

Have a great time at the festival - some great bands playing
smile.gif

Tia

Visit site
Yes £10 per day sounds perfectly reasonable. She will be happy and you will know that by paying her you can ask her to do this again at another point in time.

Oaksflight

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
erm..?
we do things like that out of friendship?
confused.gif

... that's just my thoughts on this...

Kate x

[/ QUOTE ]

If he wasn't on box rest, then I wouldn't be paying her, as we always look after each others, but she's promised to look after him over Leeds fest (5 days) and then Blenheim (4), which she's doing for free, and she'll be going out of her way to go up to the yard twice (normally she'd just go once) to sort him out for me. She can't afford the petrol as it is, so I'd def. have to give her a bit of money for that.

Saying all that, he probably won't be on box rest after all!

Oaksflight

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Or you could give me your Leeds tickets and save your money
wink.gif

Seriously though £10 a day sounds reasonable... if she won't accept then buy her something nice instead.

Have a great time at the festival - some great bands playing
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tempting, but they'll be staying safely with me!
grin.gif
Thanks x