How much would you pay?

Olliepop

Visit site
Hi - another girl at the yard will be keeping an eye on my mare for around 3 weeks while I'm away. Will include poo picking (she's out 24/7), feeding her balancer, checking fly rug, mask, repellent, water and for injuries/ pick feet out. I asked how much did she want for this and she said whatever I thought? So what's the going rate in East Midlands for this kind of service. And also if she were to groom/ lunge her what extra should I pay her for this?

My gelding is going to boot camp with my instructor for £17/ day but he will be in at night and this includes bedding, hay and exercise 4 - 5 times a week so very reasonable really. Difficult to compare my mare to this.

Thanks!

Olliepop

Visit site
Brill thanks people. Any suggestions as to amount on top of the £5 daily payment if she were to lunge her for me (bridle, side reins and roller) for 20-25 mins?

BorgRae

Visit site
I pay £5 to have mine fully mucked out, haynets done, water changed, feeds made up etc etc... I would pay £3-£4 max for what you're asking for. She's not doing much really, especially if she's at the yard anyway.

Then an extra £7 for lunging. If she's riding, then £10 :)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I generally pay £10 per hour for freelance people to do my horses, so you have to work out how much time she will be there each day. She will probably be going twice a day (I would hope!) if she has full responsibility, so you have to factor that in.

I pay £15/day for my two to be looked after while I'm away, this includes turning out am andmucking two stables out but not poo picking the field. Then bringing in and feeding at night, so another quick visit..