how much would you sell your horse for

katylee

Visit site
ok random post but i am bored. if your horse wasnt for sale and someone offered to buy it for more than it is worth would you sell it?

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Sometimes I think I would let Mac go for a fiver!
blush.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
I would never sell him personally, really have no idea what he is worth think being so strong hacking shoudlnt affect it too much though as most people buying a HUGE 17.1hh arnt going to have a problem with that

Think its a case of you tell me how much you think he is worth!

fairhill

Visit site
Chloe is in this situation at the moment, and we are going to let her go for nothing so she gets a permanent and decent home, rather than possibly getting passed from pillar to post. The money is not as important as her happiness in the future.

Meg, if it was a lot more than she's worth, then I'd have a serious think about it. But I still probably wouldn't sell, despite originally buying her as a project to bring on and sell for a profit, as
I don't think I could buy anything to replace her
smile.gif

Jo C

Visit site
Don't think anyone would want to buy a 15yo Connemara with attitude, laminitis, knackered legs and an allergy to grass!!!
blush.gif
crazy.gif
grin.gif

loopyloop

Visit site
NEVER!!

She's far to misunderstood as it is, I'd be terrified they'd lose her temper with her, after a bad start in life couldn't let her go back into that, she's stuck with me for life!!!
grin.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
The only time I would sell would be if there was no way I could keep them myself, and if that day came then I wouldnt care about money TBH, just finding them the best home, preferably just give them to someone I know.

I couldnt just part with them for x amount and not see them again.

Weezy

Visit site
Absolutely yes, every horse I have ever owned has always been for sale if someone offered me a fist full of cash! I would want £8k for Porridge and as it is more likely that I will turn into a man, I think she will be with me for a while yet
tongue.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely yes, every horse I have ever owned has always been for sale if someone offered me a fist full of cash! I would want £8k for Porridge and as it is more likely that I will turn into a man, I think she will be with me for a while yet
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL! That is funny!

If someone offered me serious cash for mine I'd be tempted to sell, but it would have to be serious money. God knows what he's worth, £10K maybe at a push?

FinellaGlen

Visit site
I really wouldn't sell Nelly, my Highland, for any amount. I have sold two of my previous horses because they weren't right for me but Nelly is just perfect (even if she is a cheeky little baggage at times!) so there would be no point in selling her as I couldn't buy anything better for my needs. I also love her - soppy I know, but I do.

Rambo

Visit site
There are 3 figures in my head...what I paid for him, what I *think* he would cost to replace for something of similar ability, and finally how much of a premium over the greater of the two previous figures is being offered. If the premium was enough, and the home was right, then yes, I: probably sell. After all, i'm gonna have to sell at some point as I have no facilities to retire a horse so it's also gonna save me the price of the advert
shocked.gif

Zobaby

Visit site
I would have taken a tenner for Morris the way he behaved last night! Took him to a SJ training night - he reared like a mad thing in the 75cm and I lost count of the refusals, and in the 85cm he decked me at the 4th and stood on my leg. Ouch
frown.gif

Not so happy with him just now lol! And he'd been going so well lately...

I would definiately consider it if someone offered me more than he's worth, which isn't much since he rears. The only thing that would put me off is that i took 10 months to find Morris!

x

Mbronze

www.cheshirehorsetaxi.weebly.com
My old boy I wouldn't want to sell, i love him far too much and had him for over 15 years now.
My other one i would consider selling in the future, I have only had her for one year so still have much work that i would like to do with her, got offered £10k at her first BE event
grin.gif
but turned that down on the basis that i hope she'll be worth more in the future.
But saying this i'll probably end up getting attached and never wanting to sell her either..
wink.gif

Drummer

Visit site
I would never sell Drum, he is just far too perfect for me even with his quirks I love him far too much and just couldn't for any price. I have had one cash offer on him, then the person offered me their sports car instead lol and a local showing dealer asked if I would sell him. I said no to all as tempting as the car was. It was very flattering though considering peoples views on him when I first bought him.

Missmac

Visit site
It does depend on how much of a git he had been that day!! Some days I wouldnt sell him for any amount but others i'd give him away for free!!

LindaW

Visit site
It would depend on who was making the offer, and how silly the offer was.

I love my horses to bits, and have no intention of parting with them, but there is a point where I'd probably have to accept if I was comfortable with the home.