How much would you think the going rate for this service?

Eaglestone

Visit site
What would your YO charge for this service please :)

Go to the field which is about 200 yards, open up the access from a Field Shelter, pop some feed in bowl and back, 4 days a week?

Perhaps not a standard service offered by a YO, but a ballpark figures would be good :)

Many thanks.

{97702}

Visit site
My yard manager charges £1.25 to bring in or turn out - that includes changing rugs and (I believe) washing off feet - so I would expect around that amount per day for this :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Let me know, as every work morning I trundle right up to my top fields in the pitch dark to feed GF & check him - I only do the mornings tho.
Its more of a pain as takes a 8 min round trip in open fields :rolleyes: whereas doing mine I only need jodh boots & jacket as nearly all 'stuff' I do is under cover.
So - its not hard at all, but a damned nuisance if wet as i have to put on wellies & waterproofs & still get drenched, or not nice if really frosty as gates are frozen & the tank needs ice breaking...

Am considering stopping it through Dec to March.....

SO1

Visit site
£1 sounds a bit cheap - but them I am in the South so an expensive area I would say £2.

How long does it take her to do this?

Eaglestone

Visit site
Let me know, as every work morning I trundle right up to my top fields in the pitch dark to feed GF & check him - I only do the mornings tho.
Its more of a pain as takes a 8 min round trip in open fields :rolleyes: whereas doing mine I only need jodh boots & jacket as nearly all 'stuff' I do is under cover.
So - its not hard at all, but a damned nuisance if wet as i have to put on wellies & waterproofs & still get drenched, or not nice if really frosty as gates are frozen & the tank needs ice breaking...

Am considering stopping it through Dec to March.....

Are you a YO then ?? ... I just want to pay the going rate and make sure my boy is ok :) ... he can wait for me, but I sort him in the morning at 7.30am and then at 4 pm, but I would like him to have access to grass for a little while, now the winter has come and I would like him to be allowed it at 2 pm ...

Eaglestone

Visit site
£1 sounds a bit cheap - but them I am in the South so an expensive area I would say £2.

How long does it take her to do this?

I am in the South and just want to pay what the going rate is and nothing less .... I do tend to think £2 a day is a bit steep, will take about 5 mins, but it is an extra job, although saying that I only expect the help if it fits in with the YO's schedule ...

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Are you a YO then ?? ... I just want to pay the going rate and make sure my boy is ok :) ... he can wait for me, but I sort him in the morning at 7.30am and then at 4 pm, but I would like him to have access to grass for a little while, now the winter has come and I would like him to be allowed it at 2 pm ...

I am :D of a sort... These days I have....... 6-7 stables with 1 in at night & 2 out 24/7 :eek: still feels a luxury after having between 10 & 12 to do myself each day :D
However, Lovely Livery helps me out with 'stuff' - today she had to shove Tiny Fuzzy back through the electric fence (twice in 3 hours!) as she had scrambled through it! No mean feat as the spacing is 6 inches between each tape.. she is also muzzled (TF, not Lovely Livery :D)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
You haven't said if its your feed or yard owners or if supplements etc!!

1 I would say £ 1 would be fare but that is based on your feed already made up for me to take it to horse.

2 If it were not made up if it straight forward scoop this or that the same but if its with supplements and such £ 1.50

3 with the above but my feed I would say £ 2

Even £ 2 per time is still cheaper than the petrol/diesel you would spend if you did it.

Last edited:

Eaglestone

Visit site
You haven't said if its your feed or yard owners or if supplements etc!!

1 I would say £ 1 would be fare but that is based on your feed already made up for me to take it to horse.

2 If it were not made up if it straight forward scoop this or that the same but if its with supplements and such £ 1.50

3 with the above but my feed I would say £ 2

Even £ 2 per time is still cheaper than the petrol/diesel you would spend if you did it.

Thank you for your help :) ..... I have agreed on £1.25, as I am not her Livery ... the feed is with the horse in the field, to tip in his bowl.

I would prefer to do it, as I do everything else with no help, but as you say it would cost me in Diesel :(

I'd probably expect to pay £2 a time

Thank you for your reply :)