How much?

ormunde

New User
Visit site
A gentleman who keeps his horse in the field opposite mine is going away on holiday for 20 days. He said he didnt want to ask me but mentioned he was a bit stuck for who to look after his horse. I said I have no problem looking after her in the evenings but the mornings are a bit tight for me. She is approx 16.3 and lives out. I am required to de-poo her field everyday, fill her water, give her her tea and check her over. The gentleman has offered to pay me but has said for me to say how much i want.

Any reasonable suggestions as he is away for quite a while and I dont want it to be too much money but at the same time I am having the resposibility of someone elses horse for nearly 3 weeks.

Mellymoo1

Visit site
I would say approximately £50 per week so for three weeks, it would be £150. That was just a wild stab in the dark kind of figure, but I would be happy with paying someone that or recieving that for looking after someones horse.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I would probably say about £20 a week if it were me as if the mare is living out its not going to take you too long each night

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I would say a fiver a day as you won't be travelling to it and it is also living out so only a half hour job if you check it and feed it then go and poo pick, all done!

And it costs more than that to board a cat or dog and probably grass livery too plus he'd have the hassle of transport both ways so cheap at half the price!

_jetset_

Visit site
I would also say £5 a day, I think that is a good amount seeing as you will also be poo picking the field for him... That way you would be getting £35 a week so you would get £105

Ginn

Visit site
Our housesitter gets £20 a day for doing 2 horses (1 stabled and 1 at grass) our dog, chickens, cats and rodents and she gets use of the house (which she stays in) to help herself to any food in the cupboards, fridge and freezer and has use of the car if she wants it (though she doesn't use it). Not sure if thats much help as its for all our managery but the horses probably work out £5/horse/day (as before we had them mum gave her £10/day for the rest).