How much?

timmy1977

Well-Known Member
Joined
2 July 2008
Messages
136
Location
kent
Visit site
Hi, need some advice. How much for a young stallion, just turned four, working well on the flat, jumping at home, ready to start at shows. 16.2hh. He is by Air Jordan Z, mare is Ramiro Z lines? Any feeback will be gratefully recieved. Thanks
 

BBH

Well-Known Member
Joined
26 April 2007
Messages
9,357
Visit site
How long is a piece of string. The trouble here is that although well bred that doesn't mean anything in terms of performance and he hasn't yet started a career. Are you primarily offering him as a stallion or a riding horse, if the latter not everywhere has the facilities to take a stallion and he may therefore be trickier to sell on. He is showing any scope for a professional to produce ?

As a completely blind guesstimate I would say between £4 and £8 based on what little we know of him.
 

koeffee

Well-Known Member
Joined
29 November 2007
Messages
1,213
Visit site
is he graded??? ungraded a guess would be £8000 to £10000 graded i would say £15000 to £20000???may be more once he is competing?? might be way off though??? im sure others may have a better idea
 

timmy1977

Well-Known Member
Joined
2 July 2008
Messages
136
Location
kent
Visit site
he isnt graded, was planning on taking him in november but i have now moved out of home where he is stabled so my parents now have to do more with the horses and they dont feel comfortable dealing with a stallion. shame as he is the horse i always wanted.
 

wonkey_donkey

Well-Known Member
Joined
27 December 2006
Messages
1,710
Location
S. Lincs
Visit site
I think you will have problems selling an ungraded stallion to be honest.
I agree, have him cut and have yourself a nice gelding to produce for the future.
 

timmy1977

Well-Known Member
Joined
2 July 2008
Messages
136
Location
kent
Visit site
im not a fan of geldings, being an entire is a big part of why he is the horse ive always wanted, but unfortunately the things weve always wanted are not always practical. i think as the decision to sell him has been made it would be best to cut him, there would probably be alot more interest in him than if i decided to sell him entire. Shame, think ill just try to find myself a nice young mare instead. Thanks for the comments.
 

koeffee

Well-Known Member
Joined
29 November 2007
Messages
1,213
Visit site
just try giving people the option to have him gelded, you will never know unless you try??? can you not hold on and try and get him graded??? at least that way you will know whether he is worth keeping entire or not.
 

timmy1977

Well-Known Member
Joined
2 July 2008
Messages
136
Location
kent
Visit site
yeah i know what your saying, that would be the best idea, if i was around more it wouldnt be a problem but its not fair on my parents, hes actually very well behaved but if anything did happen i'd feel terrible. The other thing now is obviously it hasnt been a very easy decision to make selling him, so now ive made it id rather get it over and done with and sell him now so i can get something else to take my mind off having to sell him.
 
Top