How much ?

jess2353

Visit site
how much would people be willing to pay for grass livery ?
no stable but good facilities big arena, horse walker, lunge pen, small private woods with small xc course. rug room
Dryer, 24 hour security camera's plus people living on site & trainer living on site.
Hay and poo picking to be included in price.

just trying to get a rough price for a mate any help would be great

Bedlam

Visit site
Really, Sidney? So would I!

I suppose it depends on whereabouts in the country you are. In Herts I pay £25 a week for DIY grass livery each horse. Access to stable if needed, access to outdoor school with jumps if needed. No other facilities, only me on the yard, small yard owned by a friend. I have 2 horses there on winter turnout at £200 a month. No hay or poo picking included. My 2 get through at least a bale of hay a day at the moment at let's say £4 a bale, and I would spend lets say half an hour a day per horse poo picking. So, assuming minimum wage for the poo picking, then per horse let's say hay and poo picking come to minimum £5 a day. That makes it a round £60 a week per horse if poo picking and hay included!

Of course, I would only feed hay in the winter on grass DIY, so maybe to average it out to £50 a week per horse for the whole year?

The downside in my mind would be no access to stable if required. You just never know if you're going to need to bring in for whatever reason - weather (I'm hard on my horses weather wise and have never brought them in because of the weather alone - but you never know!), injury, show the next day.....?

So perhaps reduce the estimate down to £40 a week to reflect all that and you'd be in the right ball park in this part of the world I would think.

L&M

Visit site
Hmmm - maybe I underestimated?!!

But in the wild and wooly hills of the welsh/shrops borders you can get diy with haylage included for £25 per week........

jess2353

Visit site
bedlam your pretty much spot on as she's been told £50 a week
They'll be supplied with hay constantly and poo picking is done daily aswel.
hacking around that way is not bad either I don't believe.
it's quite a busy yard it's a show jumping professional yard, with a handful of full liveries. we're both down in Essex :)