How much?

tankgirl1

Visit site
How much would you expect to pay for the yard to turn out for you? Well behaved cob and shettie sharing a stable. No rugs or buckets, literally just chuck em out. Field 2 seconds from the stable.
Thanks

gina2201

Visit site
At one yard I was on turnout was £2. Extra 50p for rug change.

Is this assisted livery? Even though the field is close by consider how much time it saves you. As for me this would equate to 20 mins in car to/from yard plus the time getting changed at home before and after and the 5- 10 mins at the yard so easily 30-40 mins extra before start of my day. So £2 was well worth it for me when I needed to start work earlier than usual!

tankgirl1

Visit site
I'm 20 minutes away from the yard, so 40 minutes driving, plus faffing about time, fuel costs etc, so I can really only go once a day. I'm happy to pay for the service, just that YM hasn't got back to me with a price yet and wondering what the going rate is? Farm hand already on site, it takes him 5 minutes if that. Thanks

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
I pay £1 a day for YO to open gate for mine to walk in herslef and then open he stable when she's done eating. She doesn't have to give a feed as I make it the night before and put it in her stable. I think anything around £3 is reasonable

Shooting Star

Visit site
Short distances with polite horses where it’s a yard supplied service I’d expect around £2-£3 per horse with perhaps a small concession if they lead together.

longer trip, tricky beasts or diva owners with multiple rug & boot requests £4-5 per horse.

Probably depends on area though.

pippixox

Visit site
Yard across the road from me charges £2.50 per horse. Distance to field varies, but most stabled horses have the closer paddocks.
Even £5 would probably be worth it due to your time and fuel costs (although I would obviously hope for your sake they don’t count the Shettie!)

Ambers Echo

Visit site
My YO charges £2 per horse. Flat fee regardless of whether they are easy/challenging or whether the field is near or far. I think liveries in further away fields would be irritated if they were charged more than others for turn out.

Mrs B

Visit site
I used to charge £2.50, flat rate for feed, change rug and turnout. It wasn't as much what I was or wasn't doing, it was the fact that I guaranteed (barring emergencies) that I would do their horse at the time required and they didn't have to worry. They also knew for that money that I would check the horse was ok and notify them if I was concerned or a shoe was off etc

So really, peace of mind was what they were buying!

ETA this was just on the yard where I stabled.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
How much would you expect to pay for the yard to turn out for you? Well behaved cob and shettie sharing a stable. No rugs or buckets, literally just chuck em out. Field 2 seconds from the stable.
Thanks
Minimum £ 1 TO / CI I would say that is what I charge diy and fields are close, £ 1.50 if there is a rug change