how often and how much?

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
Do you have a lesson and how much do you spend a month on lessons? i try and have 1 a month with each trainer (D & SJ) , but invariably it ends up being every 5-6 weeks, and after a mega awesome lesson yesterday i'm thinking again i should have far more lessons,

so.... what do you guys do?

miamibear

Visit site
1 a month at the moment £20 + travel.

Would like more but unfortunately finances cant cope!!
frown.gif

lizzie_liz

Visit site
well beiing away at uni makes lessons hard but during this summer i started having them every 2 weeks but recently with sisters horse being lame and my trainer is at blenheim this wkend and burghley next he hasn't got time to fit one in before i go back to uni.
I well mum pays £40 for a private hour lesson, and £20 for 1/2 hour private

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Have SJ lessons on average 2 per month, but have had a break recently. Dressage tends to be once in a blue moon as my jumping is dire and needs far more help!

SJ - Cost £20 + diesel to get there.
Dressage - around £40

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Most people here pay instructors monthly and get 3 lessons a week on average. We have clubs, so instructors will have several pupils at the club and monthly fees include them coming to shows, walking course, putting practice fences up or down and yelling from the ringsid
grin.gif
All this costs about £30-£40 a month... BUT things ARE much cheaper here!!

katiejaye

Visit site
once a fortnight normally. My instructor is also my YO so I don't have to travel anywhere. It costs me £28 for an hour private lesson with a fantastic instructor.

ihatework

Visit site
Nothing at the moment, no horses to have lessons on
frown.gif

But until recently I was dressaging and had a fortnightly lesson at £35 for 40 mins

Last year was eventing and had a monthly SJ lesson at £45 for as long as needed and probably 3 dressage lessons over the entire season! Just got too expensive to do everything!

vicster

Visit site
Before the leg injury i did start to have 1 a week and £25 a time so £100 per month but it was worth it i think but if i share the petrol costs then it goes down to £20 an hour not too bad i suppose.
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Tried to do once every 3-4 wks - if i have a break i do 2 one weekend
smile.gif

ATM tho i havent had a lesson for 2 months
frown.gif
well not with usual trainer - YO and her son have helped me with my jumping which is as good as usual trainer.

However, pony only just coming back into work now WOO HOO!

1 hour for about £35.

emma69

Visit site
Our first mortgage payment comes out today, along with the first electricity bill!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so exciting tho - we need to chat!!!!!!!

So far bought all the furniture for the family room (chocolate leather sofa and comfy chair, coffee table, side table and huuuuuuuuuuuge tv!) a bbq, all our bedroom furniture (solid maple, really nice) and a spare bed and bedding for the spare room
smile.gif
Also bought tons of other bits and bobs and put up some curtains
smile.gif
I'm loving it
smile.gif
When are you coming to see it????

Bossanova

Visit site
I'm lucky to have an on-site full time trainer... my sister!! She shouts random things at me and tells me how crooked I am when she feels I need help (very hepful to have a pair of eyes on the ground, even if I do argue a bit with her point of view
smirk.gif
)
Other than that, will go to Pat Burgess for a couple of hours gridwork once a month during the season which costs £25 and occaisionally go to Talland for a grilling (upwards of £30 + travel)

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
LOL!!!

we still haven't got any where what we need furniture wise.... so a new sofa comes before a trip to canada
frown.gif
!! but we will at some point! need to get the 'other issue' resolved, but hey ho, and we need to repaint before i can decide what sort of furniture to have! bought a new bed though...AWESOME french walnut number... the most comfiest thing in the world... only down side is getting out of it every morning!!

Nari

Visit site
I'm so spoilt! I have a BD accredited trainer on my yard & in return for doing her evening stables a couple of nights a week she gives me a free lesson, plus if I'm riding at the same time as her she'll give advice if I need it. She's brilliant & the difference in me & my horse is very noticable!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I booked my first lesson today, yah!!!!

I am paying £40 inc travel and am hoping to have 1 lesson a month as thats all i can afford.

Governor

Visit site
I have a lesson something like once every three weeks at the moment. But hopefully i'll get it to once a week over winter if my instructor is less busy.

Instructor is also my YO so neither of us have to travel anywhere - its just a case of finding a time when she's not busy. £20 for 45 mins - 1hr dependant on Governor and what we're doing etc. She really understands what makes him tick which is great and we've both come on loads as a result.

matthew

Visit site
I used to have 2 per week-1 group showjumping lesson at a local centre and 1private dressage/scooling lesson per week! (this instructor came to me) seem tothink it was £23 for an hour ) cant remeber how much the s/j one was though as it was through the pony club probably about £10!
Pricey but back then my parents paid!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I usually have a monthly SJ lesson and a monthly flatwork one (different trainers). Flatwork one is private for 45 mins / 1 hour costing £35. SJ one by a BSJA trainer is shared (3 or 4 others) for an hour (although often over) costing £25. All of them I have to travel to.

I occassionally have training through our riding club etc. too which I think is like £15.

M

madabout2

Depends coming up to the areas I had 3 leassons in one week - norm pnce a fortnight £25 from BD accredited trainer ex young rider.

teapot

Visit site
At the mo - once a week - £25 a throw for a group ranging of 3 of us upto 6 but well worth the money

If I want a private lesson it's £40

JessPickle

Visit site
pickles on working livery at a RS so I get the occasional free lesson (well once a month normally) then I get a lesson every saturday for working the weekend. Then in the holidays if you help with kids on a pony for a day you normally get 2 lessons. Intructor is my YO who is a great instructor he used to joust and his wife used to travel with a kind of sprit of the horse show (not that show) years ago

allthough if I had to pay think it would be £18