How often. . . .

KJJ Your Opinion

• Total voters

Kelly1982

Visit site
Do you jump???

Just being nosey really, i dont jump that often really, i have had my mare about 7 weeks now and jumped her all of 3 times (2 of them were shows). If i have a show coming up then i do try to jump at least once before but if i dont have a show i seem to concentrate more on my flat work and hack out.

So here gors, my first ever pole!!!

Madam_max

Visit site
Not much at home, unless I have a comp coming up. She's a bit lazy at home and jumps better at comps. Also our poles are flippin heavy and it's a pain on your own.

juliehannah58

Visit site
I try and jump at home once a week then I usually jump at the weekend in a competition so it averages out twice a week.

For some reason though I don't really like jumping at home too much, not sure why! But I do like to give them a pop before going to a competition, say a couple of days before
smile.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Thats what i try to do if i have a comp but if not i seem to forget
crazy.gif

Plus i hate jumping on my own too coz i hate keep having to get off and put the jumps up (the joys of having babies)

Rambo

Visit site
Yep, once during the week at home as I think they enjoy a change of scene, then once at weekends usually at a show.

If I come across a x-country course in the woods on a hack sometimes i'll pope some of them too...but don't really count that
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
if ive got a jumping comp coming up (like this sunday) then i jump the day before, usually at Hoplands down the road from me tho, as our jumps at yard are rubbish and in a field at the moment - YO always thinks its a good idea to put them in the field in the summer for some stupid reason.......I would like to jump once a week, but never get round to it - especially when its dark in the winter as i dont like jumping using the floodlights.

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Probably on average about once a month, we were having weekly jumping lessons a couple of months back but have not jumped for a while now. Hoping to get back into regular jump/polework as she enjoys it and it keeps us both interested.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Usually as were doing comps most weekend, we tend to do a little bit of jumping once during week, although not alot as i dont want her to get bored, then jump at comp at weekend. Sometimes I dont get time to at home and just jump at weekend....

Taz975

Visit site
When they're competing - so actually all the time except for about 3 months a year when they have their holidays - lots!
Winter season - once a week, usually at a show, or if we dont go to one then maybe a lesson.
Summer - anything really, at least once a week, often we're at 2/3 day shows so they'll only jump at the show unless we have a problem.

RunToEarth

Visit site
About once a week. I dont think Oshka needs much jumping at home unless I have a bigger comp I need to work upto. Willow gets jumped about once every two weeks, and I am a git with Murph, depends what time of year we are at, in the hunting season he jumps almost every day, as does Oshka.