How quickly your world turns upside down....

pottamus

Visit site
I apologise that this is not horse related but I am filling time and trying to get some normality back in my life by reading all your posts....
I have been at my gran's bedside since Tuesday evening with no sleep, while she passes away. I am devastated that she has finally gone and need an outlet for some grief...
The only sane thing in my life is my wonderful horse who I have been with all morning watching him eat...and my wonderful husband who has held the fort and looked after my horse while I have been away...
I am sorry this is depressing but it helps a bit...just a little bit.
So please keep posting to take my mind off things during the next few days...and spare a thought for my beautiful gran who is no longer here in my life.
frown.gif

miamibear

Visit site
Im so sorry to hear about your gran. I dont think theres much any of us can say to help you with your grief, its a natural process.

I will send you huge hugs though *hugs* just keep cuddling your neddy, get out for a ride if you can and remind yourself of all the wonderful things you still have in your life and that your gran is now at peace

xxxx

jacks_mum

Visit site
i lost my grannie 5 years ago now, I still miss her daily and occasionally find myself dialling her number for a chat!
The awful pain you are feeling at the moment will fade but you will still miss such an important person, my thoughts are with you. I feel for you.

sorona

Visit site
Oh I am so sorry, you r post has made me cry and I dont know you or your beautiful gran so I can not imagine how devastated you must be feeling. I am glad your horse, your husband and this site has been bringing you some normality and escape. Best wishes x

SSM

Visit site
If I could give you a big hug I would. Please remember that she is out of pain and no longer tired. Treasure your memories.

XXX

Chunky_Monkey

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news......if it teaches us one thing, it's to cherish each day with our nearest and dearest.......and it's amazing the healing power of a horsey-hug!

x

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
So sorry to hear about your Gran. Your post has made me cry, remembering when I lost my Grandad a couple of years ago. Like yours, my OH was great and I got a lot of comfort just being around Dolly. Horses are amazing creatures and a great distraction when you need one. Huge ((((HUGS)))) coming your way.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I am so so sorry for your loss and know exactly how you feel having lived with my Nan from two when Mum died through to eleven when I moved back to live with Dad; Nan died after a road accident when I was thirteen and the bottom dropped out of my world; I still can't think of her without crying, she was the magic person in my life, so believe me, all the virtual hugs I can give you are there.

Time does heal believe it or not though you won't feel that is does just now. Cherish your memories and stay strong; your husband and horse (in whichever way you want to put them!) will be your anchors so don't be afraid to use them; they'll be glad to help you.

Take care and my condolences to the rest of your family too.

pottamus

Visit site
Thank you for your kind words...my Gran was also much much more than just a Gran. My mum died when I was 3 months old and my Gran brought me up and cared for me like her own daughter until I was 12 years old.
I feel like I have lost my mum all over again, because that was what she was to me.
I know time is a healer and I will get there.
Thank you for all your kind words and hugs..

Hornby

Visit site
Gosh, that's sad. Thinking of you. When my dad died I found it a great comfort to go and have big weep with a horse - they don't mind...and will try to care for you back.

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
Awww thats sooo sad but sooo sweet...

Ive recently broke up with my BF (not the same I know) and im devastated
frown.gif

The only thing that keeps me going is riding and going up to the yard. At the moment im riding my friends horse occasionaly but I really want one on loan its just finding one.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Its amazing how theraputic horses are.

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
I just wanted to say how sorry I am for you and that you have all my sympathy. One day you will be able to look back on all the happy times you spent with your lovely Gran and they will make you smile. For now you must keep leaning on your OH for support and let your horse help keep you going until you are feeling better. Love from Annie xx