How sad... colt died fleeing dog

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7782516.stm

Poor horse and poor owner
frown.gif

Kenzo

Visit site
Oh that is terrible, I hope they find the dog, its not safe to be around any animals, once they attack like that, they will certainly do it again.
I really feel for the owner, she never rest until she knows the dog and its owner have been caught.
frown.gif

Rollin

Visit site
Sadly it seems that whether you starve and beat a horse, injure it through your reckless driving or allow your out of control dog to savage it - you will NEVER get the book thrown at you. We need a bit more Horse Power.

Charlie77

Visit site
This just makes me MAD one of my mums sheep was killed by a rottie the police cant make the owners have the dog put to sleep, and unless has harmed or thretened to attack people cant do any thing about the dog!!

My 3 horses were in the field when the dog killed the sheep one is only a small pony, the owner did come find mum to tell her, but they still have the dog walk it off lead when out and dont even have a muzzle on it when walking through the village, what if it did get a child? makes me MAD this dog is only 18months old too.

Just wish Dad had been here at the time, i recon he would have shot the dog & the owner had he seen it!

kbsaff

Visit site
Actually I believe that legally your father would've been well within his rights to shoot the dog.
Correct me if i'm wrong but I think that a farmer is legally allowed to shoot a dog if it is posing a threat to his stock.
I'm not sure whether horses would class as stock though.

foxviewstud

www.foxviewstud.co.uk
i think you have to warn the dogs owner first and if the dog does it again then they are quite rite to shoot the dog, i cannot believe the owner of the dog just walked away, he is responsible for the dogs actions and sadely the dog may have to suffer because the owner was stupid enough to let him chase the horse, my cousin had a gsd that escaped from the garden and attacked some sheep he was pts as he lived near the farm and could have happened again.

bailey14

Visit site
It reminds me of when my horse was attacked by a staffie (I have nothing against this breed otherwise) and the dog kept trying to jump up at my horses jugular and belly. It was a very frightening attack and the dog owner had absolutely no control over the dog. Luckily the dog couldn't quite manage to latch onto the horses flesh, but the horse did have bites along his flank as a result. In the end my lovely patient horse had enough and kicked the dog and broke his jaw. The owner threatened to sue me and report me to the police. One of the householders whose house backed onto the wasteground ran over with a spade to hit the dog with to try to get it off my poor boy but it wasn't necessary. It was very frightening, luckily the horse suffered no after affects (physical or mental) and I even got our story published in Gallop magazine!! I don't know what happened to the dog but I reported it to the police station and they said I was within my rights to be riding there and if I saw the dog again I was to dial 999 and they woudl come and sieze it. If my horse had been a toddler it would have been ripped apart without a doubt. The way the dog kept trying to latch on it was almost as if it had been trained for fighting.