How tall do you think she is, and how tall will she get?! 😂

Jinx94

Visit site
Arya has shot up in the two months that she's been with me. It seemed plausible when she arrived that 16.2ish would be her final height, but after my mum took this photo yesterday, I'm not so sure!! :eek::p

Eta, I'm 5'6"!

wUuG8Mf.jpg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Remind us how old she is?

My friend has a foal just born with high stockings like hers. They are the only two horses like it I can remember seeing. Do you know her breeding?

JillA

Visit site
Measure front leg from fetlock to top of the leg, and add that distance from the top of the leg to where the withers will end up. That will give you her height, as near as anyone can tell

Jinx94

Visit site
Ycbm, only a year!

She's by Volatis Defiant (Showmaker x Stanhopes Dueka) and out of a Tycoon x Consul mare.

Thanks JillA, that might be my task for today!

Bernster, they definitely seem to add a couple of inches :p

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Assuming that she is approx 14.3hh now (from comparison with your height, unless it's a really weird perspective), then yes, 16.2-17hh seems about right for where she'll end up

Leo Walker

Visit site
You are about the same height as me and shes about the same height as Bobbie who is 14.1hh, so if we say shes 14.2hh and then add a hand for her 2 and 3yr old years then 16.2hh is about right. You can string test her to check, and its usually fairly accurate.

Jinx94

Visit site
Have just done the string test and it's come out at 16.3hh, I might try and find a measuring stick that I can borrow to see where she's really at atm. I'm happy on tall horses, just a slight shock to the system after a 14.1hh :p