How the heck do you get hair off a nummnah?!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I use one of those rubber pimply things from Pets at Home which are for removing hair off furniture. It loosens it all up then I hoover it before washing in a bag and hanging out to dry. However I do have a particularly unhairy horse which I didn't fully appreciate until I groomed my friends cob the other day while she was on holiday - it looked like the yard was covered in snow! :)

GLW

Visit site
Grooming stone/block. Little grey think a bit like a pumice stone does the job perfectly.
Lincoln do one for a few quid I think I got mine from equestrian clearance but have seen them in my local tack/feed store as well

kellybee

Visit site
quick hoover, bot stone or dandy brush (or if you're at home with no grooming brushes as has happened to me on many occasions) stand on one end and use a stiff broom, then other end!) to loosen the ones that are embedded... then hoover again. Taken me 25yrs to figure that one out.

hnmisty

Visit site
My mum's dyson hoover has a special thing for removing pet hair. I used it on some of my old pony's rugs that I was putting up for sale. It's Fab! Although that's not very helpful advice if you don't have a dyson :p

WelshRuby

Visit site
I've just come in from a ride and was going to machine wash mine - then I thought why not use the jet wash?
Works a treat, gets the grease out too. No need to put in the machine.
Sorry if you don't have a jet wash, lol!

WelshD

Visit site
If you take your car to the garage for jetwashing have a look for an odd looking machine attached to it

These machines wash car mats that you put through a slot (you hang on to an edge of the mat) they have a good brush mechanism

So if you are there anyway it seems a shame not to use it...........