How to avoid clipping OCD

Fiona

Visit site
Fingers crossed PF.....

Hunter clips are so much easier, but my ponies would be too whizzy, so I have to do clips with lines too 😣

Fiona

chaps89

Visit site
My clippers gave up as I had half her head, her ears and the tidying up of the lines left to do. I got enough out of the clippers to finish her head and 1 and 3/4 ears. Seems the small tufty bits and wonky lines are there to stay though! I might borrow the 'it was getting dark' line as an excuse though!

C1airey

Visit site
Gave the lad a blanket clip the other day. Looked pretty good from the ground. Only when I got on board did I notice that the line did not match up at the withers. Like, not even nearly: there was a good 2” difference 😱

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
I've just clipped mine with dog clippers as she's terrified of proper clippers. She's probably embarrassed but I really don't mind what she looks like, there's nobody to judge us and we are happy hackers who don't show. Plus you can't see both sides of a horse at once (thank goodness) 😂

rosiesowner

Visit site
Clipped Chilli yesterday afternoon, shedoesn't like clippers behind her ears and even twitched she'll chuck her head around... No problem, I just left her head on and the massive anatomical headpiece on her PS bridle will cover the squiffy lines behind her ears :p

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Have you tried using very small flippers and doing a bit at a time?
One of my horses is great to clip but he hates the big clippers under his chin and near his ears, so I bought some small trimmers and his so much better, I do what I can with the big ones then use the small ones to finish and tidy up, I just do a bit each day and just give him a few polos while I do it, I even do it without a head collar now, and he used to rear if you went near his face so he has come a long way.

Fiona

Visit site
I've just clipped mine with dog clippers as she's terrified of proper clippers. She's probably embarrassed but I really don't mind what she looks like, there's nobody to judge us and we are happy hackers who don't show. Plus you can't see both sides of a horse at once (thank goodness) 😂

I had a pony years ago who had to be clipped with dog clippers bacause he was terrified.

Needs must, and all that lol.

Thankfully after a few years, he eventually came round to the idea of normal clippers :)

Fiona

hattie2525

Visit site
Only being able to see one side of a horse at once is my clipping mantra.

I once clipped the off side of my boy completely but only got half way through the near side when the blades gave out leaving him looking like he had had a run in with a lawn mower, I couldn't do anything to rectify it that day as I only had one set of blades so just went hacking anyway. I happened to meet an old friend who complimented me on the nice job I had done clipping as they could only see the fully done side from her car! She nearly wet herself laughing when I showed her the other side :oops:

Mule

Visit site
I think I'll have to clip soon. The beast has started to grow that really fluffy winter coat. I'm lucky he's grey so my terrible clipping lines don't show up🙄. I find clipping a bit of a pain because now I'll have to start fussing about with rugging him. (He disapproves of fussing with rugs)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
My blades went blunt and I had no spares (had just started clipping, total novice!) so one side was done, one wasn’t. Drove me nuts for several days. :D

Just do a full clip, PF, no lines!

1) no-one can see both sides at once
2) live on a hill
😂

Pmsl! :D

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Gave the lad a blanket clip the other day. Looked pretty good from the ground. Only when I got on board did I notice that the line did not match up at the withers. Like, not even nearly: there was a good 2” difference 😱

Lol my last clip i think you would call it a low trace as comes up from the stifle and round the ribs then ends at the withers i hadnt realiased that the right side was was two inchs forward than the left.

He had his second clip this evening so hopefully ive fixed it.
Though still have his face to finish and armpits and a few other bits to finish in the morning. He was getting angry by that time as i had left it too long for his next clip