How to find grazing/fields to rent?

SarahRicoh

Visit site
As in title really? Im based in gloucestershire and looking for a field to rent for my horse/s... I cant find anywhere. Someone said it tends to be done on word of mouth... Any idea how to go about finding places?

Clodagh

Visit site
Ask at pony club, livery yards, the local hunt.
Knock on the door of every house and farm anywhere near a field.
Good luck!

Dizzle

Visit site
Haha, I was going to post EXACTLY this thread this evening! I'm also based in Chelteham and having a nightmare trying to find grass livery for my COPD chap.

If you find anything let me know!

Noverton in Cheltenham do grass livery but when I looked at it a couple of years ago he wasn't keen about having a tb living out 24/7

Last edited:

WelshRuby

Visit site
I don't think there are many farms near Cheltenham, are there? There's loads near me so I just knocked on the door of a few until I got a "yes".
Good luck with finding somewhere!

The Fuzzy Furry

🦄 🦄
Visit site
If you don't know your area that well (as in obscure lanes & tracks etc) then go onto something like Streetmap or get hold of an ordinance survey local map.
Then try google earth for an overview as this will show up the field areas too.

Note down the farms etc, print & take with you & go for local drive/walk/cycle.
If a dairy farm, then don't door-knock at milking time ;) mid to late morning is usually better.

You might just even find a paddock or field just by cruising about & knocking on likely looking neighbouring front doors too.

My neighbour has around 3 acres x 2 (either side of a unmade lane to a few houses) and is thinknig of letting it out, tho it needs fencing - you'd not find it tho unless you went off the 'beaten track' so-to-speak :) (tho this is not your area - sorry:( )

Good luck in your search.

SarahRicoh

Visit site
Thankyou xmas furry.. I did try looking around down lanes and knocking last year and I got no response and some quite rude responses (i was polite).... I guess its an odd request/people dont want to be bothered