How to get my money back after buying a stolen trailer!!

sbrown0703

New User
Visit site
Hoping that there may be a shine of light after 8 months of trying to get my money back! Anyone on here had good news on getting their money back?

The seller wont give me my money back! Police retreived the trailer and returned it to the original owner! they have filed the case as are unable to find the thief, therefore im the one that has lost out!

Tried CCJ, warrant, county court, Should I go to the high court and pay out fees?

Would welcome any advice,

Thank you
SB

bonny

Visit site
I suspect if you bought a trailer off someone who had stolen it you are not going to see your money again. I would try and put the whole thing behind you. Sorry it happened to you.

Reactions: TPO

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I suspect if you bought a trailer off someone who had stolen it you are not going to see your money again. I would try and put the whole thing behind you. Sorry it happened to you.

They don't get a choice if the bailiffs are sent in, they are absolute terriers and will remove everything not nailed down that the debtor can't prove doesn't belong to them to recover their own fees and the debt.

If the trailer was bought from the person who stole it, I'd pay for the court order for the bailiffs if only because of the amount of grief it will cause the thief to try and hide their assets. It might make them think twice about nicking another.

Firefly9410

Visit site
So the person who sold you the trailer was not the person who stole it? I can see why they don't want to refund you because then they will lose out, but that is not your problem. You won at court, yes? If the court says they must refund then they must. You can get bailiffs but before you do, think about who the seller is and if they are likely to have any assets. If for example they were a private individual who has been made redundant without a payout and has sold just about every thing they own, then paying for bailiffs could be a waste of your money. You can't get what someone hasn't got! In those circumstances I don't know whether you could wait until they were employed again and then get bailiffs or whether there is a time limit which could have expired.

Parrotperson

Visit site
given what you've tried already you're more likely to pay out more than the trailer is worth. Get advice from a solicitor. If you are a BHS Gold member then they can help.