How to introduce new puppy???

Henbug

Visit site
I'm picking up a wirehaired fox terrier bitch on Wednesday and already have a 10month old Lagotto (Italian gundog about 16" but quite chunky) bitch. The lagotto is very good with other dogs and doesn't get jealous atall so that won't be a problem, but she can sometimes plays a bit roughly (not nasty she just runs around and I would be worried she would run into the puppy accidentaly, cos I've seen her do this before with another dog, didn't matter then but with a puppy it could be dangerous). So what I have found out so far is that I should introduce them in a neutral place and have her on a lead so if she is getting a bit boistrous I can intervene. Can anyone give me any more information about how to introduce them? thanks for any help
smile.gif

ridebumble

Visit site
I would suggest neutral place and lead, obviously try not to make too much fuss of the pup without giving your other girl attention too. If your older one does get a bit giddy and the other pup is a bit overwhelmed try not to reinforce any nerves by picking it up or focing it to say hello until its ready.

HerbiesHuman

Visit site
Ohhh your getting a foxie!

you'll have to post pics, we've got a 13wk bitch too they are truely awesome dogs!

hope she settles in ok.

sorry not really relevant lol