how to make an product idea a reality

showjump2003

Visit site
Just wondering really.

Well, I'm not completly serious about the idea but I would appreciate some info/advice.

How would you go about getting an idea invented. It's nothing to do with feeding but use the haybar for example. They came up with an idea... but then what did they do? How do you go about getting it made and on the market?

spaniel

Visit site
In all seriousness do NOT discus your idea with anyone apart from a very good solicitor. Preferably one with patents experience. I know its exciting and feels lovely to share your plans and dreams with friends and family but if your idea is any good and its marketable you will find someone will get wind of it and beat you to it.

It takes a long time and a lot of financial investment to get a good idea off the ground, then keeping it afloat can be just as hazardous.

I would suggest your first port of call is a good lawyer.

Onyxia

Visit site
Second Spaniel- if it is good and could make some money then there is a high chance someone will steal the idear.
Talk to someone with patent experiance before discloseing any info.

allijudd

Visit site
beware it is not only designs that people steal but artwork and logos too......

i now religously patent all ideas and copyright all paperwork and paper design...it gets expensive but it is worth it...

having been stung in the past..it is worth it....you can check out www.patent.co.uk