How to price grazing?

Chuffy99

Visit site
We have rented a field for 20+ years across the road from us, 3 acres surrounded by hedges but no actual fencing, we have always used electric fencing and no water supply we have used containers. Our pony has moved on and owners (friends after all the years) have asked if we can find new tenants, field is on Essex clay and in a wet winter gets very heavy, in an emergency my stables could be used but don’t want to do livery as such. Any idea what to charge for said field and do people still want summer, probably March to November grazing?

windand rain

Visit site
13 years ago we paid £10 per acre per month with running water but poor fencing which we replaced. so I guess about £15 would be more than enough

Clodagh

Visit site
Man down the road here has sort of grass livery. His is in winter, (polo ponies) but he charges £10 per horse per week. That gets the field, spring fed water trough and he phones the owner if there is a problem that he can see. He doesn't directly check them.

Chuffy99

Visit site
I would guess though that most of these are fenced and have water which this isn’t hence this query re value