How was this allowed to happen?! Pony abuse.

rachk89

Visit site
Person who videoed it needs hit with the whip too. I hope the owner tells the rspca and police what happened. Can't believe the vile thing is laughing while doing that to the poor pony.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Is the mark on her side after she gets up a skinning wound? I hope the pony is back with her owner now, it isn't quite clear in the video description.

Tern

Visit site
Is the mark on her side after she gets up a skinning wound? I hope the pony is back with her owner now, it isn't quite clear in the video description.

The mark is a marking - the mare has a small splash there in other photos. I thought it was ripped skin at first! Pony is now back with owner but this vile child has another pony on loan.

People are trying to find owners of new pony to warn them.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
The mark is a marking - the mare has a small splash there in other photos. I thought it was ripped skin at first! Pony is now back with owner but this vile child has another pony on loan.

People are trying to find owners of new pony to warn them.

I'm glad it's a marking and not a wound. I hope the owners of the new pony are contacted.

If anyone is wondering what happened in the video, a well behaved pony is in a headcollar and leadrope being held by a young girl on concrete(?), the pony is standing nicely. The girl has a dressage whip and someone else announces that the girl is going to teach the pony to be good. The girl then waves the whip in the pony's face, it is making a loud swooshing noise. The pony flinches but is putting up with it stoically. The other person then says something and the girl moves round to the pony's side as if moving into a lunging/driving position. The whip is waved a lot (I couldn't tell if it made contact) and the pony rushes forwards and round and onto some slippery footing (bricks, cobbles?) where she falls over. It's a heavy fall on hard ground. The pony does get up, but the video stops there so no possibility of seeing if it's sound or lame.

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I've seen it shared a few times on different sites, it was up to 63k views so I'm hoping the girl is looking over her shoulder. Someone posted the girls phone number so I should imagine she'll be changing that to. I looked at her profile and it said she's married :eek3:

How awful for the ponies owner.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
From the FB thread, it seems that the pony (Breeze) has returned from loan with this nasty little eeijit, but has turned 'nasty and unreliable'. Owner is mortified. The girl in the video was named on the thread, there's no putting the genie back in the bottle even though the video has been pulled. The word is out.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
The other person in the video (the voice) bears responsibility too as they were definitely encouraging the girl.

I'm not surprised that the pony has turned 'nasty' if that's a sample of how it was treated while on loan. I had a pony on loan years ago that hated young children as he had been hurt by one once. He was fine with adults and teenages, but it only took one incident for the poor chap to be wary of all small children from then on, till the day he died.

Pedantic

Visit site
Glad I didn't see the vid, as judging by the comments I don't think would be very happy watching it, so many butts, so little toilet paper. NOA

FlyingCircus

Visit site
How old do you think the girl/woman in question is? I (thankfully) didn't see the video.

She's 14 (says on her profile).
It's ridiculous, there's grown women and men calling her all names under the sun and telling her to kill herself on her FB account...
Of COURSE what she did is wrong and infuriates every horse/animal lover/any normal human being...but the abuse she is getting in return is just :O

Last edited:

neddy man

Visit site
About a month ago the owner called to see her pony out on loan (on loan as she was pregnant),and it had injuries and was stiff, so she took her back home.The loaner then sent the video (maybe a day or two ago) to upset the owner for taking her back. Many nasty comments about the loaner,and the vidio taker, i dont think it will be up for viewing again.

chillipup

Visit site
She's 14 (says on her profile).
It's ridiculous, there's grown women and men calling her all names under the sun and telling her to kill herself on her FB account...
Of COURSE what she did is wrong and infuriates every horse/animal lover/any normal human being...but the abuse she is getting in return is just :O

About a month ago the owner called to see her pony out on loan (on loan as she was pregnant),and it had injuries and was stiff, so she took her back home.The loaner then sent the video (maybe a day or two ago) to upset the owner for taking her back. Many nasty comments about the loaner,and the vidio taker, i dont think it will be up for viewing again.

Thanks FC.

NM, Sounds like a nasty, vicious and cruel child. What a dreadful thing to do to pony and owner. I do hope police/rspca/someone can take action against her.

dibbin

Visit site
I saw the video before it was taken down, not pleasant viewing at all. What a nasty child (and equally nasty person behind the camera).

RunToEarth

Visit site
I've seen it shared a few times on different sites, it was up to 63k views so I'm hoping the girl is looking over her shoulder. Someone posted the girls phone number so I should imagine she'll be changing that to. I looked at her profile and it said she's married :eek3:

How awful for the ponies owner.
I've seen the witch hunt on face book and quite frankly it is disgusting the way a lot of "adults" are acting.

She is a minor, and by the looks of that video, under the provision of an "adult" filming the video, who is actually encouraging her to get closer to the mare to make contact with the whip, which the child refuses to do.

Incredibly stupid thing to do, but I am just horrified that there are adults sharing the Facebook profile and phone number of a 14/15 year old girl.

As I understand the police are involved, and threads such as this could be used by the girl's family as it is quite obviously adding flames to the fire.

RunToEarth

Visit site
I will just add to the above that the relentless vitriol on social media towards her is exactly why in past cases teens have taken their own lives - giving a child's name and number out across the Internet is incredibly foolish at best. I'm not condoning her actions but grown men and women should know better than to bully teenagers on the Internet.

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I've seen the witch hunt on face book and quite frankly it is disgusting the way a lot of "adults" are acting.

She is a minor, and by the looks of that video, under the provision of an "adult" filming the video, who is actually encouraging her to get closer to the mare to make contact with the whip, which the child refuses to do.

Incredibly stupid thing to do, but I am just horrified that there are adults sharing the Facebook profile and phone number of a 14/15 year old girl.

As I understand the police are involved, and threads such as this could be used by the girl's family as it is quite obviously adding flames to the fire.

I didn't start this thread and I didn't post any comments on FB !!!

I'm so shocked (but not surprised) that someone posted her phone number.

rachk89

Visit site

She is also a criminal. The age of criminal responsibility in England and Wales is 10, in Scotland its 8. She can be tried and found accountable in a court for the crime of cruelty to animals and sent to a young offenders institute if they see fit, or fine her. The adult who took the video could easily be tried as well, although if over 18 obviously will be tried as an adult. Would most likely just get a fine though since they didnt actually do anything, just encouraged.

A person who abuses an animal and laughs about it is a dangerous person. She might be a 'minor' but she is also a teenager and should know better by now, she shouldnt be that stupid. I wouldnt trust her at all ever again.