How was your day?

Halfpass

Visit site
My instructor came up to see my new horse today and admitted before she saw her that she had some reservations. I had told her that I wanted something over 3 and not a mare. So obviously she was worried that I had chosen the worng horse. Anyhow she took one look at her and thought she was lovely
grin.gif
. She then decides she would like to see her move. I was a bit concerned as I had never let her loose in the school before and was worried about her jumping out. We stood outside the school and waved various objects at her everytime she came at the fence too fast as she did decide that galloping round was a good idea!! Well her movement is 100 times better than I remember it when I went to view and her my instructor was suitably impressed. I had the biggest grin on my face when I left the yard this evening. So the plan for now is to just turn her out in the school 2 / 3 times per week until she stoops galloping round so that eventually I can get in the middle of the school and begin to push her forward a bit in preperation for lunging. Does this sound sensible? I have aquired a pressure halter which I am hopibg will help as she has started to plant her self when I bring her in from the field.
All round a good day had a lesson on OH cob which was good aiming to do some dressage on him while my girlie is growing up.

icemaiden113

Visit site
Well that all sounds great! But as she is 3 why not get started with the lunging 2/3 times a week! It will help with respect and manners coming in from the field and leading etc.
If she still wants to gallop round let her but at least you are semi in control, you can start with introducing commands, and it will all help her settle and grow up to be a sensible girl.

Halfpass

Visit site
Hmm thats what I had planned she's not three till next year and I took some advice from my instructor who suggested this till at least easter time when I should bit her. She will be 3 in June.