How well are TB's selling at the moment?

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Just wondering wether to fork out for a horsequest advert for my very smart, partially re-trained exracehorse... is it worth the money? She's stunning with a nice temperment and moves exceptionally well & is competively priced ( not your usual broken overaced dirt cheap TB) Definate type to make the top show classes. but does anyone even look at the exracehorse adverts on horsequest are they selling well at all? All the racers on there appear to mostly be unsold...

eishi

Visit site
Recently was looking for an ex racer type and the 3 I called up about from horsequest were all sold by the time I called up, all within a few days or so!

Definitely worth the price of the Ad If selling something inbetween 2k-6k I think, tends to be higher quality than horsemart/Horsedeals I find!

lizziebinks

Visit site
I bought an ex race horse off Horsequest over the winter. I searched for a "hunter" and not wanting to pay much hence why I ended up with an ex racehorse. If I wanted an un-retrained racehorse then frankly, I would go direct to a trainer....not everyone is willing to take on a horse straight out of racing and not sure if horse quest is the right sort of market for this????

I think if you can put some mileage into your ex racehorse to turn it into a potentional/green something else (Eg show horse) you will secure more interest than just selling them as an ex race horse. There are thousands of ex racehorses out there that go for nothing....if you want them to sell then you need to give the buyer a solid reason/proof that this ex racehorse CAN have another use in life.

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Sounds good temptation! which one was yours?:)

Lizziebanks- I hear you!! this one has done a lot at home, just havent had a horsebox to take her out to stuff. And a good horse costs money, even direct from the trainer/sales:)