How / where do you measure a saddle for width?

Gingernags

Visit site
The saddle that I may be selling but not advertising...
wink.gif

I know its a Medium, but if I want to give someone the measurements - where exactly do I measure it?

Picture guide would be fab, but idiot proof instructions may do!!!!

Ta!

juliehannah58

Visit site
When I have bought saddles unseen, I usually gauge width by the measure in inches from D ring to D ring. I would say narrow is under 7", medium 8-9" and wide 9" +. Obviously people have their own opinions on this but it has served me well!
smile.gif

ihatework

Visit site
Ooo … sorry to go off topic, but I have a saddle I need to send to someone, anyone know the best way to package it?

Gingernags

Visit site
First find a big box.... and believe me it is NOT easy!
grin.gif

Then I'd use bubble wrap round the saddle, or maybe cloth like an old curtain? And pad the box out with folded cardboard to stop it moving about... if that makes sense.

But while we are off topic, anyone know any good and reasonable couriers that don't charge Post Office huge prices?

druid

Visit site
Crisp boxes are the perfect size - our local news agents will give them away for free
laugh.gif
make good puppy beds and chicken nest boxes too!

Patches

Visit site
I do so hope you mix the labels up CT and I get a nice spiffy Kings saddle instead of my Wintec!
grin.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

I got my box from the local supermarket too, if I remember. Think I used a crisp boxer outer when I sent the saddle to you? Back then, it was just under £10 to send to you with Royal Mail but I did have to pay an insurance premium on it to cover it for it's total amount. That wasn't much at all though, but piece of mind incase of it going missing in transit.

Not sure what the charges are these days as it's been all change at the PO hasn't it?